Browser and WLAN for Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition
Target is to utilize existing Fennec port to meego in Developer Edition and we will collaborate with the existing team. However, if it looks like that Fennec does not meet performance requirements, we will consider having also an alternative browser in Developer Edition. Because of startup time performance we integrated Helium Mobile Browser as light-weight browser.
All this work for Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition will happen in open in meego.com. There is a project wikipage.
As the project is open, the communications are also open. Project communications will mainly happen in public IRC and public mailing lists, and meego.com wiki. We do planning on meego.com wiki and featurezilla. Meego.com bugzilla will be used for bugs. We are welcoming contributions and participation from community.
- Browser performance
- Startup time
- Scrolling FPS
- JS benchmarks (sunspider, v8, dromaeo)
- Browser features
- Modern websites like gmail works
- Easy to connect to Internet
- take v2 qml into use
- proper handling for site with unknown certificate
- zoom buttons / HW buttons to zoom
- form elements (selection list)
- Set up gitorius repository
- Set up community OBS
- release to DE
- Orientation support
- improve VKB handling (vkb to disappear after entering URL)
- Measure fennec startup time
- Check Browser alterantives and report to Browser alternatives
- Check status of WiFi related control panel applets and UIs
- Verify reopened bugs (Q/A did this, Vesku to make sure that statuses are up-to-date)
- Check status of conman
- package the flash plugin
- package a media player plugin (e.g. totem-browser-plugin)
- webm support
Packages should be in Meego:1.1:Core and MeeGo:1.1:Handset repositories.