The CO is trying a new approach to get things done: small task forces of about 3-6 people.
The idea is that a smaller group will spend less time discussing and more time doing; and rather than
relying on a single individual to attend CO meetings and do all the work it can be shared; finally
team members can remind and chase each other rather than relying on the CO to do that.
This is not meant to be a formal structure - just some common sense.
Here's a check list for a task force:
- Create a task-force wiki page under the Community Office/Task Forces page
- Link from the Community_Office#Committed_Tasks section
- Say what the preferred communication channel for the team is (usually irc/email)
- [Optional] Make up a good team name :)
- Identify who will be in the team
- Publish any scheduled meetings
For the actual work:
- Identify what you will be delivering: by all means break it into multiple deliveries
- Commit to a delivery date : about 2 and no more than 4 weeks
- Report progress via that page and to the CO meetings
Some general comments (please add more):
- Discussion should mostly be held in a #meego channel with any 'meetings' in #meego-meeting so they can be logged.
- Identify someone to give each weeks report to the CO. They should prepare a short summary and be prepared to paste it.
- It may help to identify someone (anyone) to be the 'chaser'.