MeeGo on nonSSSE3 x86 Hardware
Update (vljn): Meego and its netbook ux actually works on non SSE/SSSE3 supporting Pentium 4. The issue is that most non ssse3 chipset comes either with a too old intel gfx, or with an intel/amd graphic chipset. Both are not supported out of the box.
This page was inspired by a discussion on #meego (log@21:17) regarding MeeGo support of nonSSSE3 based hardware.
lbt added to the discussions with a timely blog post he had been working on http://mer-l-in.blogspot.com/2010/08/are-intel-subverting-meegocom.html.
- Proof of concept - create prjconf on maemo OBS to build gcc,binutils, rest of core and bring up on x86 hw/vbox/vmware Devices/nonSSSE3/POC
- Build daily, weekly, release builds of MeeGo core,netbook,extra packages for nonSSSE3 based hardware
- Create repos of the built packages
- Generate kickstart file for common x86 target(s)
- Generate images from kickstart files
- Create a repository in OBS for appdevs to build against
Release Kickstart Files
- Links to images for x86 target(s)
Add your #meego IRC nick below :-
- User:Rzr, for amd axp or Omap2 cpu
- ceyusa User:vjaquez