A guide to administering Google Summer of Code for MeeGo
Feel free to add / change stuff if needed.
Official Timeline for 2011
Tasks that need to be done:
- Assemble GSoC administrators team
- Finalize enrollment
- Send out a call for mentors
- Send out another call for ideas
- Hold meeting on the triaging of ideas, *before student applications open*. Advertise in time.
End of April
- Send email to rejected students
- Send "congratulations" email to accepted students including more info
- Consider adding students' blogs to Planet MeeGo
- Your blog (please create if you don't already have one) will be added to PMC from now until December (gives plenty of time for some follow-up blogging)
- Maybe require regular blogging?
- Give tips for making good posts?
Before the midterm evaluation
- make sure every SoC mentor is subscribed to a (yet to create) mailinglist?
- write a reminder about evaluations
This guide is based on GNOME's Admin Guide.