MeeGo IVI 1.2 was released on May 19, 2011
MeeGo IVI 1.2 release page
Guide for the IVI Home Screen
Featurezilla status report of MeeGo 1.2 IVI features
File bugs for MeeGo IVI 1.2
MeeGo IVI 1.2 New Features
- IVI Home Screen Changes
- The IVI home screen has been ported to QML and it's now based on the MeeGo UX and launched through meego-ux-daemon. It implements an updated scroll menu and also supports quick access to commonly used apps through the desktop and a Top Application task bar. The scroll menu navigation has been updated to reduce the number of choices in the main menu. Instead of a dozen or so choices in the main menu and two to three choices in sub-menus, now there are five to six choices in the main menu and about the same in sub-menus. We changed this to make menu choices easier and quicker. The IVI home screen has been designed to support driver interaction with the minimal amount of distraction. This is enhanced by the use of scrollwheel, Text to Speech and Speech Recognition, removing the need to look at or touch the display. Both Text to Speech and Speech Recognition can now be toggled on the home screen for easier access. Since the UX is now based on QML, it makes customizing the UI much easier since they are script-based, and thus without the need of re-compiling for any changes.
- See Guide for the IVI Home Screen for more information.
- New Sample Applications
- The sample applications in MeeGo IVI 1.1 based on the MeeGo Touch Framework have been replaced in MeeGo 1.2 with a collection of commonly used applications based on QML. These can be accessed via the IVI home screen as discussed above.
- Nokia Terminal Mode
- Packages implementing the client side of Nokia Terminal Mode have been included in the build repositories. There are two packages(libqterminalmode and qterminalmodeclient) which must be installed from the oss repositories in order to try this code. These packages interact with phonesets that support the server side of Nokia Terminal Mode. Nokia has developer kit phone sets that implement the server side of terminal mode. Terminal Mode Developer Offering has more information about the software and how to get developer kits
- The Embedded Media Graphics Driver (EMGD) is now integrated with all IA32 builds and provides support for the Power-VR graphics core in Intel IVI platforms. The driver package is named "emgd-bin...." and can be found in the "non-oss" repository. Also included in the repository (but not in the default boot image) is the "emgd-gui" utility for configuring and managing the graphics driver. Documentation and information on product support may be found on the EMGD download page
- This driver is considered ENGINEERING SAMPLE quality with NO guaranteed response to issues. Anyone planning to use this driver in product should obtain production quality support from the EMGD team via http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/EMGD/