0.8 Design Review (Part I)
Present: TV, TG
1. Input Plugin
Input Plugin will be included in 0.8 but mark as deprecated. To be removed for 0.9
2. Publishing Plugin
Brief code review. Spiked Reporting API considered more or less correct with following amendments:
- `label` and `gate` not considered relevant to OTS
- Reporting API should be all 'setters' apart from URL
Decision to pass the Results XML as-is to Reporting Plugin
- TG to work this week to check viability of email using same API.
- Publication of proposed API, bring to attention of Tero / Meego QA reporting team
- TG expressed general dissatisfaction with current 0.8 implementation.
- TV showed scepticism about requirement for Plugin Directory.
- Two patterns seem to be emerging. Singleton and Multiple Plugins. Design decisions put off for the moment
- TV did not like the idea of using an environment variable for Plugin Location
- Individual Configuration Files for the Plugins seem to be preferable
- ConfigObj seems to offer compromise between the familiar configuration file behaviour whilst providing a richer descriptive format than ConfigParser.
ACTIONS: TG to change yaml and ConfigParser to ConfigObj and rework the Plugins code to use own configuration files.
5. XMLRPC and 'Hub'
Brief review of recent additions to XMLRPC and Hub. This code has evolved in the 0.1->0.8 work but seems to be stabilising. TV seemed happy with the outcome.
ACTIONS: TG to use request_sync function name to allow backward compatibility.
Formalisation of components now seems sensible.
- Deployment considered less of an issue
- Solves the Worker naming problem
- Improves APIs in hub
- Facilitates 6Pack integration
- TG to port the 0.1 Properties implementation to 0.8
- TG to review APIs. AMQP related parameters might no longer be relevant