Rationale for this page
I don't consider myself a beginner in the world of Linux, programming, compiling. Still I haven't worked with development in Qt/QML for MeeGo before. I failed utterly at setting up a working environment for a simple case. Let's call it anecdotal 'the fart app' that should have worked on a ExoPC.
Goal of this page - aka - User-Story
Provide a motivated person that is completely new to Qt and/or MeeGo with sufficient information to write a very simple QML application (further on 'the fart app' or short 'fap') and and deploy it to a MeeGo device for further testing. This should be mostly accomplished by not duplicating information but linking / deep linking to existing documentation or relevant parts thereof on this wiki, thus creating a meta-HowTo.
The HowTo itself
- Get the right SDK ToDo: Insert link to guide/howto for the basic SDK
- Configure the SDK ToDo: Insert link to guide/howto for setting up the SDK
- Add the simulator ToDo: Insert link to guide/howto for making sure the simulator works. People claim that the simulator is the way to go as QML-viewer on Desktop does NOT have qt mobility. http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-419.
- Add your device as a target ToDo: Insert deep-link to guide/howto add a MeeGo device as target
- How to get your QML/Qt-mobility app in a shape that alows deployment to a device ToDo: Insert link to guide/howto for those steps. I was told that you can not deploy pure QML to a device - why?