How to use Qt Simulator in MeeGo SDK
This page is a guideline of how to use Qt Simualtor in MeeGo SDK. It describes how to create a simple Qt GUI application, build it against Simulator Qt libraries and deploy it to Qt Simulator with MeeGo device modules. You can refer to the official Qt Simulator page for more details: Qt Simulator Manual
Create a new Qt project in Qt Creator
- Open Qt Creator to begin designing a Qt application. Please create a simple Qt GUI project from the menu of Qt Creator, File > New File or Project > Qt GUI Application
- Name the application HelloQtSimulator and choose a directory for the project.
- Choose the Qt Version as MeeGo SDK Simulator. This determines the Qt library which will be used to build the application.
Build, Run and Deploy Qt Application to Simulator
- Click the Projects label on the left-hand panel of Qt Creator. Next, confirm that Build & Run setting is set to Qt Simulator. You can change the Edit build configuration option to Debug to debug this application in Qt Simulator.
- Click the green Run button to build the application and deploy it to Qt Simulator. Qt Simulator will boot, displaying a control panel and an application window.
- There are three predefined MeeGo device models with different skins and resolutions: 864x480, 960x540, 1280x800. Choose your preferred device in Qt Simulator's control panel, under View > Device.
- If the application deployed successfully and you have chosen a MeeGo device model, the application should display in the Simulator.
Defining new device models in Qt Simulator
Qt Simulator supports user-defined device models, as described in Adding New Device Models for Qt Simulator.