These are the minutes of the documentation status meeting of week 12.
Taru Laine, Elliot Smith, Ronan MacLaverty, Bob Spencer
- AP Ville: discuss community support ideas with Quim etc. Ideas: templates? blog posts/mailing lists? Help with code snippets, too?
- AP Bob: To find out whether there would be additional resources for documentation work
- AP Elliot: To find out whether there is OBS-related content available that we could use. DONE
- AP Elliot: To find out whether he is able to work on the netbook related tasks. DONE
- AP Taru: To find out whether the videos could be used for the SDK documentation and check the situation of the sample applications related bug
- AP Bob: Check the current status and plans for DMC site and their impact on the publishing of SDK docs.
- AP Murali: To send Bob information on API reference documentation.
DMC publishing site
- Three main roles: maintainer of drupal code, content coordination, content editing
- Suggested process for adding new content to DMC site (for community members):
- Create text in wiki.
- Create bug in Bugzilla.
- Content editor checks the content and suggest improvements, if necessary.
- Content is transferred to DMC site.
- This issue will be discussed further next week at the doc team meeting.
Content areas for MeeGo 1.2
- QML documentation: current status is that some documentation will be available from Nokia. Ville has an action point on this.
- OBS documentation: will this be needed in the MeeGo 1.2 SDK documentation?
- Documentation Backlog for MeeGo 1.2 created by Taru. This backlog includes the following information: content area owners, suggested publishing locations, and links to Wiki pages and related features in Bugzilla.
- Content area owners for the following features to be discussed:
- OBS-related instructions:
- Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- New developer documentation features needed in Bugzilla (due to changes in general SDK features)?
Community support for developer documentation
- Getting help from the MeeGo Community on documentation related issues: OBS instructions, sample applications -> how to get this started?
- guidelines for tutorial writers on wiki: SDK/Tutorial content