MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110112
This document contains agenda and minutes of SDK weekly teleconference meeting on 20110112 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Maurice Kalinowski, John Chen, Juha Peisanen, Bob Spencer, Kerry Jiang, Fathi Boudra, Jackie Wu, Max A Yu, Ville Lavonius, Taru Laine
SDK Program (Veli)
- Janne Sormunen and Bob Spencer met last 2 days
- MeeGo API, MeeGo Extensions API
- SDK F2F Meeting in Helsinki on week 4 (26.-28. of January)
- Intel attendees: Max, Jackie and Zhiyuan(at risk due to vacation), Bob, Arcadie
- Next F2F in Portland
- OSTS is March 10-11 (Portland. Intel internal, but invitations for partners is common)
- MeeGo Conference May 23-25 (San Fran)
- Google Spreadsheet for handling the feature status
- 20101215 AP: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Veli)
- List of attendees to this meeting:
- The guys who should be there... :)
- Veli Kaksonen
- Bob Spencer
- Ville Lavonius
- Nishant Tandon
- Kamal Bhatt
- Maurice Kalinowski
- Max A Yu
- Fathi Boudra
- Jackie Wu
- John Chen
- Haitao Feng
- Zhiyuan Lv
- Jun Tian
- Cathy Shen/her replacement
- Kerry Jiang
- Optional attendees
- OLD: We are working with those this week...
- 20101215 AP: Call the first Architecture meeting (Bob)
- Feature: Accomodate 3rd party libraries in addition to sysroot on Windows and Linux
- Feature to be discussed: Feature 10949 - [FEA] Make the installation of MeeGo SDK for Linux easier http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10949 (Maurice will be back on Jan 10th or 12nd)
- Feature: Windows builds (server, process)
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Action point: Bob to create topics wiki for Arch meetings. (Done, above wiki page)
- AP: Contact Bangalore (Veli)
- MeeGo 1.1.2 update ready (DONE)
- Image creation in the next days (DONE)
- 20110105 AP: Write email to Veli about a substitute for Anas (Fathi/Jackie) (DONE)
- Announce to be done
- MeeGo 1.2
- Toolchains IA32/ARM available. MeeGo 1.2 Toolchain (both IA and ARM) is planned to be in Tools:SDK:Host next week (3 or 4) and QA can start to test.
- kickstart file should have only minimal set of packages listed (BMC#11607)
- 20110105 AP: revive the thread by mail to get a conclusion ASAP (Fathi) (DONE)
- MeeGo Emulator doesn't work with GL-ES
- Intel eng team est 2months to get GL-ES working in QEMU
- Haitao / Zhiyuan using DGLES library from Nokia. Solution might work.
- At Mobile World Congress (MWC) Feb 14th, Intel planning to make announcement and need a good SDK working with latest 1.2 bits.
- Fix GL-ES to work in record time
- Roll back to GL for all images (Fathi est?)
- Create GL-only SDK images
- Tell everyone the SDK is broken for next 2 months.
- 20110105 AP: short-term work-around for Qt GLES (2 options)
- Qt and related packages backport to build against GL for SDK as short-term work-around(Fathi/Jackie??)
- Image cannot be created from official repository in this case
- Skip MeeGo 1.2 images until readu and use MeeGo 1.1 GL enabled
- Qt simulator
- Qt simulator for Linux is in progress. Build successfully on Fedora_13. Need some help from Fathi on meego-sdk-qt, which need to enable libQtDBus. Ubuntu build is on the way at same time. (Jackie Wu)
- simulator-qt standalone? or qmake extra package only? (Jackie Wu/Fathi)
- some issues on Windows
- MeeGo devices are missing (Jun Tian to work on, with skins) - Jun will join this meeting from next week
Windows port (Max)
- MeeGo SDK 1.1 Update Version (1.1.2) ready to be released. Documents needs to be updated.
- AP: Write summary about doc needs to Taru firstname.lastname@example.org (Max)
- Qt simulator has been built. Met issue to start it from Qt Creator
- Build server: handling by IT (http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762).
Mac OS X port
- No progress
- ARM toolchain available
- RPM manager must be modified to detect correct uname from the host where to install packages. It must be capable to detect two new architecture names "armv7hl" and "armv7nhl" from uname. Needs to be agree who can implement the change. According to RPM lead developer (Panu Matilainen) the change can be accepted to the upstream when it is ready.
- GCC has been updated to 4.5.1
- Planned deliveries
- Toolchain delivery (Linux) for 22.214.171.124, 2010-12-16 -- 2010-12-22
- Toolchain delivery (Windows) for 126.96.36.199, 2011-01-20 -- 2011-01-2
- Taru Laine is the new doc team lead
- status of Windows SDK and API reference (updates for 1.1) - when can documentation be finalized? Windows SDK OK, no known update needs for API reference, but info on Qt Mobility backend needed.
- Blog post on MeeGo SDK 1.1.2 release update to be issued as soon as possible. Draft from Fathi available already, but needs to be reviewed.
- 20101215 AP Titta: ask from Quim how to communicate updates to SDK 1.1 release - blog post? DONE (blogpost is ok)
- 20101215 AP doc team: go through open action points from review sessions for SDK 1.1 release ONGOING This will probably be covered by the blog post on MeeGo SDK 1.1.2.
- MeeGo SDK Documentation status meetings will start today. Taru has created an initial agenda based on the documentation requirements for MeeGo 1.2 SDK. The plan is to also discuss community participation in the documentation and assign the responsibilities for the different content areas to team members.
- Juha gave a small update on status after Piratepad crashed...
- Sync between Intel & Nokia QA about test set
- Sanity test focus on daily sysroot check
- Basic feature test focus on weekly Qemu image and SDK Host packages
- Extended Feature test will be part of full pass for milestone release
- Performance test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- Reliability test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- Did a round of Ubuntu10.10 test, no Fedora14 yet because the SDK packages are not ready. As to test result, please refer to http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/SDKTestReports.
- SDK reports will move to http://qa-reports.meego.com/ after SDK target profile is generated in website. See feature request: http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11237
- Bug status:
- Open 92 = Windows 10 + Linux 82
- Closed 89 = Windows 46 + Linux 43
- 6 critical bugs:
- #8887 [Windows] ARM QEMU binary for Windows is missing
- #11271 Qemu can't launch from Qt Creator
- #11109 MeeGo 1.1 API delivered many tap gestures for a swipe gesture
- #8365 Unable to Play Audio/Video Files in Emulator
- #10075 QEMU does not launch when installed and launched in Ubuntu 10.10
- #9737 [Windows] Fail to run application in Qemu
- Testing for 1.1 update is in progress on Ubuntu10.04 and Fedora13, test report can be expected today.
- Test transition is still in progress.