MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110126
This document contains agenda and minutes of SDK weekly teleconference meeting on 20110126 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Ville Lavonius, Maurice Kalinowski, Max Yu, Jaya, Al Nikolov, Juha Peisanen, John Chen, Jackie Wu, Bob Spencer
SDK Program (Veli)
- SDK F2F Meeting in Helsinki on week 7 (16.-18. of February)
- Intel attendees: Zhiyuan, Max, Jackie, Bob and Arcadie
- Telco 28th of Jan
- Next F2F in Portland
- OSTS is March 10-11 (Portland. Intel internal, but invitations for partners is common)
- MeeGo Conference May 23-25 (San Fran)
- 20101215 AP: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Maurice)
- Meeting with legal on Friday
- List of attendees to this meeting:
- The guys who should be there... :)
- Veli Kaksonen
- Bob Spencer
- Ville Lavonius
- Nishant Tandon
- Kamal Bhatt
- Maurice Kalinowski
- Max A Yu
- Fathi Boudra
- Jackie Wu
- John Chen
- Haitao Feng
- Zhiyuan Lv
- Jun Tian
- Cathy Shen/her replacement
- Prepelita, Arcadie
- Daniel Mihai
- Kerry Jiang
- Al Nikolov
- Riku Voipio
- Optional attendees
- OLD: We are working with those this week...
(Meetings held weekly, as needed)
Topics for future meetings:
Covered in past weeks (Resolutions here: http://piratepad.net/qqICWdiYLl )
- Thurs 20th Meeting
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Qt Creator rc1 promotion and QA
- MeeGo 1.1.2 is out \o/ Hooray!
- MeeGo 1.1.2 QA results successfull even without MADDE hotfix. Need investigations.
- MeeGo 1.2
- Toolchains IA32/ARM promoted to Tools:SDK:Host on week 4
- kickstart file should have only minimal set of packages listed (BMC#11607) (Fathi)
- Qt 4.7.1/Qt Creator 2.1/Qt tools promoted to Tools:SDK:Host on week 4 (Fathi)
- MWC will get QEMU GL ES for IA32
- Qt simulator
- Qt simulator for Linux is in progress. (Jackie Wu) (DONE)
- simulator-qt standalone? or qmake extra package only? (Jackie Wu/Fathi) simulator-qt standalone works.
- Windows: Max has trouble with Qt Simulator on Windows. It is 4GB. It is still developer build, for Tim's formal scripts doesn't work. Tim should help to fix the scripts. Maurice will ping Tim when he is back to office.
- MeeGo devices are missing, aava skin for IA32. It's in progress. (Jackie) (Jun Tian)
- Create gitorious project? (Jackie)
- Images missing since 2 weeks because release team switched to weekly build and forget to create them in time (manual creation...)
Windows port (Max)
- The second preview of MeeGo 1.2 SDK has been released. Qt simulator is included.
- Winchow will be working on update toolchain.
- Build server: handling by IT (http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762). (Al)
- TODO: Attica/OBS plugin to build only (skip usability for now)
Mac OS X port
- David Lawlor starts at Portland, OR (Intel) on Jan 31st.
- Server has been discussed at intel
- ARM toolchain available
- 20110119: RPM changes are done by Carsten Munk to detect armv7nh and armv7nhl architetcures. Patch will be submitted to upstream.
- 20110119: Open question still whether to allow Thumb2 instruction set by default or not. May lead to new subarchitectrue "armv7tnhl" to indicate Thumb2. Thumb2 provides more compact code than the normal ARM instruction set. Discussion ongoing.
- 20110126: Thumb2 is supported. Two new architectures more: armv7thl (Thumb2 with VFPv3-D16) and armv7tnhl (Thumb2 with NEON). Also RunFast is supported in glibc. Change wikipage updated accordingly.
- GCC has been updated to 4.5.1
- Planned deliveries
- Toolchain delivery (Linux) for 22.214.171.124, 2010-12-16 -- 2010-12-22
- Toolchain delivery (Windows) for 126.96.36.199, 2011-01-20 -- 2011-01-2
- Taru Laine is the doc team lead.
- status of Windows SDK and API reference (updates for 1.1) - when can documentation be finalized? Windows SDK OK, no known update needs for API reference, but info on Qt Mobility backend needed. -> MeeGo 1.1.2 update blog post and release notes covered the Windows SDK issue. No new information on Qt Mobility received.
- MeeGo SDK 1.1.2 release notes and blog post published.
- Taru has created a Documentation backlog in wiki for tracking the progress of MeeGo 1.2 SDK developer documentation content areas:http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2
The backlog includes links to Bugzilla, content area owners for each area and placeholder pages for MeeGo 1.2 SDK documentation.
The plan is to discuss, for instance:
- results of the MeeGo Feature workshop and its impacts on documentation
- ways to gather best practices for developing applications from the MeeGo community
- Sync between Intel & Nokia QA about test set
- Sanity test focus on daily sysroot check
- Basic feature test focus on weekly Qemu image and SDK Host packages
- Extended Feature test will be part of full pass for milestone release
- Performance test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- Reliability test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- All QA reports tracked at http://qa-reports.meego.com/
- Bug status:
- Open 92 = Windows 10 + Linux 82
- Closed 89 = Windows 46 + Linux 43
- 6 critical bugs:
- #8887 [Windows] ARM QEMU binary for Windows is missing
- #11271 Qemu can't launch from Qt Creator
- #11109 MeeGo 1.1 API delivered many tap gestures for a swipe gesture
- #8365 Unable to Play Audio/Video Files in Emulator
- #10075 QEMU does not launch when installed and launched in Ubuntu 10.10
- #9737 [Windows] Fail to run application in Qemu
- Testing for 1.1 update is done in rest of the distros ( Debian, Fedora12 &13, openSUSE11.2 & 11.3 and Windows), test reports can be expected latest tomorrow in qa-reports.
- Created bugs :
- 12236 Compiling simple example does not work in Qt Creator
- 12460 QtCreator cannot load library libQmlProjectManager.so to OpenSuse11.2
- 12522 Qt console application building with qtcreator fails
- 12561 All installed SDK content is not removed when uninstalling SDK
- 12702 apt-get update is failed in Debain 5.0-32 while meego Sdk 1.1.2 install
- Test transition is still in progress.
- Review test cases on tl (BMC#12536)
- Formalize bug handling workflow