MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110216
This document contains agenda and minutes (added after the meeting) of SDK weekly telco meeting on 20110209 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Maurice Kalinowski, Jackie Wu, Taru Laine, Ville Lavonius, Juha Kallioinen, Max Yu, Fathi Boudra, Jarmo Kant, Bob Spencer,Kerry, John Chen, Juha Peisanen
SDK Program (Veli)
- Nokia changes...
- SDK F2F Meeting in Helsinki on week 7 (16.-18. of February) CANCELLED
- MeeGo Conference May 23-25 (San Fran)
- 20101215 AP: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Maurice)
- Everything seems to be clear
- [Bob asking:] Is this the basis for the "super installer" future? Is that still going to happen? Maurice: Yes. Standard practice accepting contributions as Qt.
- Deadline next week
- Bob http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/meego-sdk-suite
- Proposal: rework the entire feature mess to be better aligned with reality, more easily browsable and maintainable.
- Create a two-level hierarchy of items, and use the description field better to place an individual feature within the hierarchy.
- Top level items:
- SDK m(aintenance)
- Target m(aintenance)
- Project m(aintenance)
- Host support
- Every requirement is to be placed within that hierarchy, and renamed to reflect its position, and linked to the appropriate components (the component list is outdated, and the one used in the bugs shall be taken into use, and expanded as needed).
- Immediate steps (right here, right now):
- Agree that the set above is a decent enough working assumption.
- Open issue: documentation - shall a separate top level item be created for it, or will all documentation-related items be folded into the appropriate items (in which case something along the lines of "SDK productization" is probably required: release notes, installation instructions and generic documentation does not have a good home in the above).
- Next steps (by the workshop next week):
- Rework the entire current set into the new form, renaming features as needed.
- Add features as potential content.
- Review the set in Helsinki (Thursday or Friday), especially tagging things out of 1.2 as realistic.
- Steps after that
- Roll in the comments from the workshop.
- Cross-link to internal requirements DB.
- Request comments from the other programs (this set is extremely handset-centric).
(Meetings held weekly, as needed)
Topics for future meetings:
- How to speed up MeeGo SDK
- Install (reduce size, target/sysroot management)
- Deploy/debug (QEMU acceleration, deploy w/o packaging, etc)
- rsync: Using QEMU files for sysroot
- Release process (discussion started)
- Windows builds (server - http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762, process)
- How to identify the installed MeeGo SDK version (registry key, file, gconf)
Covered in past weeks (Resolutions here: http://piratepad.net/qqICWdiYLl )
- Thurs 20th Meeting
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Qt Creator rc1 promotion and QA
- Fedora 14 support added
- Toolchain broken on Fedora 14
- Qt Creator 2.1.0 released - to be integrated
- Random images broken regularly
- qemu-arm and qemu-gl merge in progress
- kmod-kfgles2 broken with kernel 2.6.37
- Qt Simulator to review and promote
Windows port (Max)
- Winchow is working on update toolchain.
- Window server available at OSU
- TODO: set up Windows server (Al, Max)
- TODO: Attica/OBS plugin to build only (skip usability for now)
- TODO: reduce the size of Qt Simulator built
Mac OS X port (David)
- David Lawlor started in Portland, OR (Intel) on Jan 31st.
- Mac server available at OSU
- ARM toolchain available
- Beta desired for MeeGo 1.2 (release in May).
- Intel guess at release is July. But scoping work is just starting.
- Still some changes done to communication wiki. Hopefully can be published this week.
- There is a silicon bug in Cortex-A8 (also in N900) which prevents the use of Thumb2 instructions ( http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/ARM_ERRATA_430973.html). Therefore only NEON optimized toolchain can be used in the N900 reference.
- Juha Kallioinen proposed to be the next Toolchain Lead
- Taru Laine is the doc team lead.
- Weekly documentation telco meetings have been postponed for now and will be restarted in March closer to the April release date.
- Documentation backlog for MeeGo 1.2 SDK can be found here: http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2
- Taru discussed the publishing channels for MeeGo 1.2 developer documentation with Ronan MacLaverty and came up with a suggestion for the publishing locations for each section. See the backlog for more information.
- AP Taru: To have a meeting with Tiffiny Rossi (responsible for designing the content for the developer.meego.com site) to discuss:
- how to streamline our processes for creating MeeGo-related content
- the documentation plans for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (schedules and content)
- Unresolved issues to discuss with the SDK team:
- New feature hierarchy and its impacts on documentation
- Community contribution for MeeGo 1.2 documentation, especially for Instructions and best practices and Sample applications.
- Finding owners for the following tasks: Device provisioning instructions for netbook, Netbook UI guidelines, Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature), Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature), Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Timetable for MeeGo 1.2 SDK developer documentation features (based on the milestones assigned for the MeeGo 1.2 SDK features)
- All QA reports at http://qa-reports.meego.com/
- Feature status :
- Released :
- total 5
- test case exists 3
- under work 1
- Resolved :
- total 39
- testability checked 31
- test case exists 20
- under work 2
- Accepted :
- total 108
- testability checked 7
- test case exists 3
- Tested updated tools on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit and Fedora14 32bit with latest available sysroot.
- Git repository for testplans requested and will start pushing plans to git when first plans are ready and checked.
- Test transition is still in progress.
- Review test cases on tl (BMC#12536)
- Formalize bug handling workflow