Date and Time
Monday 2010-11-08 @8.30 - 9.30 UTC
- Optimization flags (mail discussion regarding NEON, VFPv3 D16/D32)
- Common base for the MeeGo Toolchain in Release 1.2 is gcc-4.5.1
- Move to hardfp for 1.2, but building hard+soft for grace time.
- Nokia wants hardfp support to ARM toolchain (option -mfloat-abi=hardfp) -> Binary break compared to Release 1.1
- Effects also to RPM package manager (must be capable to detect hardfp architecture)
- Change Proposal is needed to get approval from MeeGo TSG. Jarmo will prepare.
- Communication material needed
- Linaro ARM backports to gcc-4.5.1
- Do we need backport also to binutils?
- Austin tested 4.5.1 and found no issues so far for x86 (main repo). More tests on applications as Browser needed -> rebenchmark. Which benchmarks to use ?
- Bootsrap is needed for gcc-4.5.1
- New toolchain is needed to OBS devel:base and to trunk:testing at 12/2010
Optimization flags (mail discussion regarding NEON, VFPv3 D16/D32)
- softfloat port could do vfpv3-d16 and hardfp port can do vfpv3(-d32) or even neon. Thus we get board board support (including tegra2/dove) and maximum speed for hardfp
- Two modes: VFPv3-D16 for hardfp (-mfpu=vfpv3-d16) and optional set NEON enabled (-mfpu=neon) -> two architectures
- Do we need to import some patches for binutils for ARM hardfp?