MeeGo Netbook UX
Currently, there is no *easy* procedure for taking native screenshots under MeeGo UX. This section lists some different methods for taking screenshots until an easy solution is implemented.
The following steps outline one possible command-line approach, using the import command from ImageMagick:
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- Open the Terminal application. Become root by typing su. The default password is "meego".
- Install ImageMagick by running the command
zypper in ImageMagick
- Exit the root environment by typing exit.
- Type exit once more to close the Terminal application.
- Prepare the display for a screenshot by opening applications, performing tasks, etc. When the display is ready for a screenshot, proceed to the next step.
- Switch to the first virtual terminal by typing Ctrl+Alt+F1
- Log in as a normal user. By default, the user is "meego" and the password is "meego".
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to save the screenshot. You can use the cd command to change directories.
- Run the following command:
- Run the following command, where "filename.png" is the name you want for the screenshot image.
- Type Alt+F2 to return to the X session.
- Click (or touch) the display, and wait a few seconds before proceeding to the next step.
- Switch back to the virtual terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F1), and verify that the 'import' command completed without displaying any warnings or error messages.
- That's it! Your screenshot can be found in the current directory.