Handling 3rd party products in bugs.meego.com
For Product maintainers
- If you are a maintainer of a MeeGo Surrounds application that wants to use bugs.meego.com as its bugtracker, file a request under MeeGo Community Infrastructure > bugs.meego.com > Surrounds
- Provide the following information in the request:
- Name of the product
- A brief description of the product
- URL to homepage (TODO: Is this needed?)
- Note that you are of course free to use a different bugtracker / none (TODO: Do we want to allow this from a QA POV?) if you don't want to use the services of meego.com.
For Bugzilla maintainers
- Check whether suggested product name matches tarball or repository name (TODO: Do we want this?)
- Create an email alias (virtual user) under Administration->Users->Add a new user (to use via watchlist; avoids manual reassigning when maintainer of product changes)
- As login name: $PRODUCTfirstname.lastname@example.org
- As real name: $PRODUCT-maintainer(s)
- As password: run pwgen 20 and copy/paste one of the shown passwords (e.g. ualixaaCh5ieng6ohNah)
- For bugmail: disable bugmail / ensure the checkbox is checked
- Set disable text: "Dummy account"
- Click Add
- Setup the product. Click Administration->Products->Add product next to the 'MeeGo Surrounds' classification
- Product: fill in the product name in small letters. Dashes are allowed. Ensure it has the same name as the tarballs / git repository name.
- Description: Fill in a good description. Copying two or three description lines from the product homepage can be a good idea.
- URL describing the milestones of the product: Enter the products homepage.
- Leave the rest as is
- Click Add (Don't worry about the warning that a component is missing, the maintainer is later asked to create one)
- Create a surrounds-$PRODUCT-admin group in Bugzilla (TODO: Check if this is correct. I suck when it comes to groups.)
- Set Group Access Controls for $PRODUCT for the group surrounds-$PRODUCT-admin: NA/NA, editcomponents, canconfirm, editbugs (TODO: Check if this is correct. I suck when it comes to groups.)
- Edit maintainer account by going to Administration->Users. Enter email address and add her/him as member of surrounds-$PRODUCT-admin group (both checkboxes).
- Go to the product creation request bug and use the following template to inform the requestor. Replace 'PRODUCTNAMEGOESHERE'
Product has been created.
I've set you as the maintainer.
You (and any other developer of the product) can maintain the product here
Adjust it to your liking. You need to add at least one component (e.g.
'general') before new bugs can be filed. For any new component use
as QA and default assignee.
Important: Anyone interested in following all bug activity
(including all maintainers) must watch above dummy user by adding
it to "Add users to my watch list" under Preferences->Email preferences.
- Close the bug report as FIXED.
Partially based on GNOME's Documentation at http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers/CreatingNewProducts