A few quirky ideas:
- see what is the state of the 'official' pdf viewer and port mine after cleaning it up from the multi-threading stuff and resolving any issues that may/will arise from the touch interface.
- a popcorn pops counting program possibly saying when is the best time get it out of the microwave
- see if there is a decent, dictionary and add en-bg/bg-en data.
- check how the n9/50 behaves on opengl and may be bring coin3d to support a simple model viewer if cappable.
- make a program that reads received messages (sms/chats) with voice if the headphones are plugged in.
- a nice board game that I played as kid back home but never saw since then.
- simple line application for imprecise measurements of short distances.