I'm a longtime and passionate linux user and developer:
- My TV runs linux (MythTV)
- My desktop is linux (Debian)
- My wife's desktop is linux (Debian)
- My dom0 is linux and so are my domUs
- My car stereos run linux (Empegs)
- My PDAs run linux (Zaurus, N800)
- My hifi runs off linux (Squeezebox, Rio Receiver)
- One day my pictureframe will run linux
- My N800 runs Diablo and Mer
- My SmartQ7 runs Mer
- My N900 runs Fremantle and will run MeeGo
- My Joggler will run MeeGo
- My Wifi routers run linux
I think I have 21 discrete linux machines around the house - and no Windows or Mac
Things I do:
- I am currently advising Teleca how to setup their OBS and product build processes for LGE.
Things I've done elsewhere:
- I used to be the Mer Build Tools Mentor too. I worked on a lot of the Mer build system including doing cross-compilation in the OBS for Mer and Fremantle.
- I help run the http://raid.wiki.kernel.org/
- I started the git documentation
- I was a lead designer/architect at BT for 9 years -
I'm a strong believer in the social and economic values of OpenSource to the community and to businesses.
contact me at david at dgreaves dot com