This page is dedicated to getting MeeGo running on the Beagleboard. More info on the beagleboard can be found here
Because the processor for the beagleboard C4 is an OMAP3530 and the N900 currently sports a similar processor, it seems wise to start with the ARM page.
So far we've no image or kernel for beagleboard ready. But what works so far:
- Take the n900 rootfs and extract to the rootfs partition of the beagle sdcard setup. You can mount rootfs of N900 from this image on /mnt by:
- bunzip meego-n900-open-armv7l-184.108.40.20600525.1-sda.raw.bz2
- sudo mount -o loop,offset=16384 meego-n900-open-armv7l-220.127.116.1100525.1-sda.raw /mnt
- MeeGo Beagleboard kernel and modules contains precompiled uImage and kernel modules for Beagleboard. You need copy uImage to /boot partition of your SD card, and modules to /lib/modules directory on your root file system.
- Since we are using rootfs tuned for N900, we can stop starting X by replacing id:5:initdefault: to id:3:initdefault: in /etc/inittab.
This should get you up and running.