(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 20:09, 14 May 2010
Nokia N8x0 hardware adaptation
This is a 'skunkworks' project (ie, not official MeeGo project!) by the maemo.org community and others to bring MeeGo to Nokia N8x0, hence not a vendor-pushed hardware adaptation. Initially focus will be on Nokia N810. Some additional work to add support for ARMv6+VFP is also included in this. Possibility may exist to have some closed source binaries provides through a Nokia repository.
- #meego-arm on irc.freenode.net
- email@example.com mailing list, prefix with 'N8x0'
- home:cvm:n8x0 on MeeGo OBS
Assets in hardware adaptation
- kernel 188.8.131.52 + patch for Nokia N810 (needs fixing)
- xomap (Kdrive X server for OMAP, accelerated 2d, etc) (needs to have X -> Xomap -mouse tslib -noreset -wr -dpi 96 -nolisten tcp and making it setuid?)
- glibc and qt patched/built for ARMv6+VFP
Assets to be integrated / Tasks
- Move ARMv6+VFP specific builds to home:cvm:armv6vfp and build :n8x0 against this instead.
- Fix 184.108.40.206 kernel package to build with current Trunk
- Seperate out kernel patches instead of a big N810 patch
- MBX chip kernel driver for 2.6.33 integration
- RPM version of BME, DSME, libcal for N8x0 (closed source), or calls to initfs initially
- Wifi, bluetooth firmware (closed soure), or symlinks to initfs initially
- Watchdog config files in style with http://atorkhov.fedorapeople.org/n900_wd-1-1.noarch.rpm for retu-wd and omap-wd
Current: Approaching M0
- User story: Boot into X terminal on N810 with working keyboard and touchscreen without need to enable R&D flags / disable watchdogs. X server is accelerated (ie, Xomap). Battery charging from initfs working.
- Deployment: Flash 2.6.33 kernel, rescue system in NAND (rootfs) providing MMC flashing and such. System on internal MMC or external MMC.
- Carsten Munk / stskeeps
- Marko Saukko / Sage
- Robin Burchell / w00t
- Jan-Simon Möller / dl9pf