(Difference between revisions)
Latest revision as of 02:49, 29 September 2010
This area is under construction
Nokia N8x0 hardware adaptation
This is a 'skunkworks' project (that is, not official MeeGo project!) by the maemo.org community and others to bring MeeGo to Nokia N8x0, hence not a vendor-pushed hardware adaptation. Initially, focus will be on Nokia N810. Some additional work to add support for ARMv6+VFP is also included in this. The possibility may exist to have some closed source binaries provided through a Nokia repository.
See also the discussion thread.
Assets in hardware adaptation
- kernel 188.8.131.52 + patch for Nokia N810 (needs fixing)
- xomap (Kdrive X server for OMAP, accelerated 2d, etc)
- glibc patched/built for ARMv6+VFP
Hardware support for the N800 and N810 in mainline Linux is quite delayed. This makes it difficult to bring not only MeeGo, but many other recent mobile distros (such as Android, Ubuntu...) to these tablets. If you are a "kernel hacker" and would like to see these systems running in these devices, please consider contributing to the effort of bringing the necessary drivers to Linux for good. Visit this elinux page for more info.
Current: Approaching M0
- User story: Boot into XFCE4 on N810 with working keyboard and touchscreen without need to enable R&D flags / disable watchdogs. X server is accelerated (that is, Xomap). Battery charging from initfs working.
- Deployment: Flash/load 2.6.33 kernel, System on external MMC.
- Build environment:
- ARMv6+VFP build of glibc and prjconf for building towards it (done)
- Kernel 184.108.40.206 with N810 patches + packaging, following Trunk MeeGo kernel. Hardware/kernel support needed:
- external MMC support (internal is broken)
- USB mass storage, ethernet/g_nokia
- Touchscreen, display, backlight
- Keyboard, wifi
- JFFS2 and ext3
- Scripts running DSME and BME from initfs to enable charging
- We have some in old Mer port, I think.
- Xkeyboard-config patches for RX-44 keyboard
- Xomap packaged and providing a X server (done)
- Watchdog config files in style with http://atorkhov.fedorapeople.org/n900_wd-1-1.noarch.rpm for retu-wd and omap-wd (done)
- XFCE4 system
- Kickstart file to tie it all together.
- SD card deployment, ext3 partition + swap. dd if=file.img bs=1M of=/dev/sdcard
- Carsten Munk / stskeeps
- Marko Saukko / Sage
- Robin Burchell / w00t
- Jan-Simon Möller / dl9pf
- Bradley Smith / Termana