N900 Developer Edition configuration
Default settings for the Handset UX
To be implemented for MeeGo conference beta release
- Bluetooth: off by default
- Pre-started applications
- Dialer and SMS should be running in background to have quick access
- Lock app
- Can Browser run too?
- Application grid improvements
- Can we implement folder structure in home screen?
- Finalize correct icons for applications (from base theme)
- Theme improvements
- Work on DE theme, and fix UI glitches and bad usability.
- New wallpaper for SF2011?
- Splash screens
- Boot splash screen should stay on screen until device booted.
- Shutdown splash should stay on sreen until device is powered off.
- Backlight behaviour
- Backlight should turn off only when power button is released. When powering the device off (keeping power button pressed), backlight shouldn't turn off.
- Backlight should not dim while booting, before the device is fully booted so that user sees when that happens.
Implemented for the alpha release
- Theme: Development (ie. base theme), should show the new colourful new icons instead of default MeeGo ones. OK, there is a new DE theme based on base theme.
- Wallpaper: all black (need to make a 800x480 image for that?)
- Changing wallpaper from Settings should work.
- Quick bar: Dialer, SMS, Browser, Camera
- Application grid: Dialer, SMS, Browser, Camera, Settings first and then the rest.
- remove current duplicate browser icons.
- should include mad-developer
- Backlight turn off delay: 30s
- Boot splash screen
- Shutdown splash screen
Settings for experimental MeeGo UX (Tablet)
- Menu key mapped to N900 camera key (or proximity sensor?)
- Use Dialer, SMS and Browser from Handset UX.