Useful tools / scripts / etc
Tips and Tricks
- msugano wanted to branch uxlanuch from the public OBS to his home in the community OBS.
On his local laptop:
$ osc -A https://api.pub.meego.com branch -cm "would like to experiment e.g. xsetroot right after the start_X_server() to enhance the UX." MeeGo.com:MeeGo:1.2:oss uxlaunch
- The new project was downloaded to his local environment. Now, it's possible to edit the source.
- The new project was created in the community OBS under msugano's home (Build Service > Projects > home:msugano:branches:MeeGo.com:MeeGo:1.2:oss > uxlaunch).
- However, the above project page says The project this package belongs to currently has no build targets defined.
- Hence, msugano clicked the linked to "build targets" to specify, but could not find any target build that looked relevant for the DE.
- Then msugano received the advice to use the command line instead.
$ osc meta prj Project:DE:Trunk:Testing (copy the below)
<path repository="standard" project="Project:DE:MeeGo:1.2"/>
$ osc meta prj -e home:msugano (pate the above).
Placeholder, let's start linking relevant information on this page.