MeeGo Conference 2011 release and activities
N900 DE release targets
- DE release available according to the ARM/N900/ReleaseProcess/Plan.
- DE key features should work well, as described in the main wiki page. Some improvements needed from alpha release:
- Dialer running in background, user can receive cellular calls any time and ringtone plays BMC#7074. User gets notified about missed calls. SIM PIN query enables use of protected SIM card BMC#15678.
- SMS messages can be received any time BMC#10382, and there is message tone playback. BMC#16031
- Browser starts and runs quickly, and doesn't slow the device down when put to background.
- Camera has better image quality and automatic focus, exposure and white balance. BMC#15678
- Device screen lock and backlight control works as expected. BMC#15953
- Device is not freezing randomly, or slowing down excessively.
- Touch sensitivity is optimized, to minimize the effort when swiping vs. tapping. BMC#14989
- TOP Blocker bugs should be fixed (see ARM/N900/Status)
- DE release contents should be according to ARM/N900/Configuration.
- DE image can be written to eMMC if user so chooses (might imply losing existing Maemo OS) BMC#16901
- User interface shall be MeeGo 1.2 Handset/MTF based, but some of the applications might be replaced with contributions from the community (eg. Peregrine, looking for more!) or new MeeGo UX.
- There will be experimental MeeGo QML UX (Tablet) image available as well, to show the current status and open the discussion for the next targets.
Bugs releated to the N900 DE Release Targets
|ID||P||Status||Severity||Version||Product||Summary (8 tasks) ⇒|| |
|13015||High||RESOLVED||normal||1.2||Handset User Experience||[CE] There is not a PIN code request screen in UI|| |
|7074||High||VERIFIED||normal||1.2||Handset User Experience||Incoming call can not be answered if dialer not open when call is received.|| |
|10382||High||VERIFIED||major||1.2||Handset User Experience||SMS can not be received when booting up the device for the first time.|| |
|14989||High||VERIFIED||major||1.2||OS Middleware||Too hard to make a quick press action on a UI element|| |
|15953||High||VERIFIED||major||1.2||Handset User Experience||[CE] Unable to lock screen by using HW lock key.|| |
|16031||High||VERIFIED||critical||1.2||Handset User Experience||[CE] No notification banners displayed for widgetsgallery, usb, sms and call events|| |
|15678||Medium||RESOLVED||major||1.1||Hardware Adaptation||[N900] Camera stack misses non-oss library(s) providing the real camera features|| |
|16901||Undecided||RESOLVED||normal||Other||MeeGo Quality Assurance||Provide tool to install image to N900's eMMC|| |
- Jukka's presentation
- Sessions for :
- Bug Lifecycle
- Moving to 3-layer model : Impact on OBS project and other things
- DE Automation design/overview/tutorial for maintainers
- Shall we have other activities?
Participants ie. the N900 Rock stars
Please put your name here if you are coming and will be present with your N900 running DevEdition. Also write down if you're participating in some activity. Write ideas for activities to above section. Consider writing your flight details also to http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Conference_Spring_2011/Flight_Information.