< ARM | N900
(Difference between revisions)
Latest revision as of 06:29, 1 July 2011
Faster and fancier. Focus on performance, eg. application start-up time and boot up. Dedicated team for this (lead by Vesa-Matti).
More applications, better settings. New contributions eg. new Terminal, Package manager, GPRS settings. More community applications (via Cool Stuff page), including Extras client. Fix critical bugs in existing use cases (phone calls, SMS, browser, camera). Dedicated team also for this. Jukka facilitating, but still looking for team lead if somebody wants to stand up.
Release image available in morning of 23th June.
| Mon 20 Jun
|| All changes in before UTC 14:00
| Tue 21 Jun
|| QA and Integration
| Wed 23 Jun
|| N900 Summer Release images available. http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900
Target content in more detail
- Bug fixes
- Key improvements
- Voice calls: contact matching, contacts import from Maemo/Symbian?, profiles/silent
- SMS: contact matching, app start-up, message tone
- Camera: app start-up, stability
- Browser: app start-up, GPRS connectivity, WLAN fixes/interoperability
- Configuration implemented (Sage)
- New apps (and responsible)
- DONE New Qt Quick/WebKit browser (sachak)
- DONE MeeGo community extras client (pycage)
- TwimGo Twitter client (villev), still crashing..
- DONE New MeeGo UX (Tablet) applications included: Calculator, Calendar, Clocks, Notes, Tasks
- DONE GPRS settings and Cellular UI
- DONE Application manager
- More, from Cool Stuff? (jukkaeklund)
- New content
- DONE Wallpaper (dm8tbr has supplied, do you like it?)(photo by Joonas 'joneskoo' Kuorilehto cc-by-sa)
- Community images, videos, music (responsible?)
- DONE New splash screen (wazd)
- For developers
- DONE PySide Qt bindings
- DONE meego-ux-components
- DONE new meego-terminal
Other ideas for summer time
- "Summer projects", list of ideas/apps to port over to MeeGo
- Can we do zypper update on top of Summer release?
- EasyFix bug fixing/munching competition