Voice and SMS for Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition
Target to achieve better user experience when using N900 for voice calls and SMS
Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition will happen in open in meego.com. There is a project wikipage.
Project communications will mainly happen in public IRC and public mailing lists, and meego.com wiki. We do planning on meego.com wiki (eg. this page). Meego.com bugzilla will be used for bugs. We welcome contributions and participation from community.
- Team synchronisation meetings are held in #meego-meeting on irc.freenode.net, schedule TBD
- #meego-arm IRC channel on irc.freenode.net (IRC channel logs)
- This wiki area
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, please prefix with 'N900' for team related topics.
- Add SIM PIN query support
- Network mode indication
- Network signal strength indication
More Ideas and Proposal
- Cellular Setting UI: PIN query on/off, Network operator selection manual/automatic, Network mode selection
- See also N900 Ideas
- Call and SMS related apps should use launcher to start up fast (saves over 1s for MTF based apps). See: http://apidocs.meego.com/git-tip/mtf/launcher.html
- At the moment not possible as the apps use derived Application classes, which is incompatible with the approach