Voice and SMS for Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition
Target to achieve better user experience when using N900 for voice calls and SMS
Meego 1.2 N900 Developer Edition will happen in open in meego.com. There is a project wikipage.
Project communications will mainly happen in public IRC and public mailing lists, and meego.com wiki. We do planning on meego.com wiki (eg. this page). Meego.com bugzilla will be used for bugs. We welcome contributions and participation from community.
- Team synchronisation meetings are held in #meego-meeting on irc.freenode.net, every Thursday 11:00 UTC
- #meego-arm IRC channel on irc.freenode.net (IRC channel logs)
- This wiki area
- email@example.com mailing list, please prefix with 'N900' for team related topics.
This is an initial list of possible work items with related bugs, still under construction and priorization.
- Evaluating QML Dialer application alternatives - Aki
- Add SIM PIN query support - Sirpa
- NET status indications (missing features, some parts implemented) - Antti
- To be checked:
- Check that the context kit is using meego plugins
- Check that indicators are using right properties from context kit
- Should cover:
- Packet data connection support for browsing use case - Mika
- App launch / autostart to support receiving new SMS Bug 10855 - SMS service plugin is not loaded at First boot
- App performance, launch speed, UI interactions
- App stability, memory usage etc.
- Offline state indication (implemented, but should have more informative message?)
- Concatenated SMS
- Send SMS using contacts
- Send SMS using history
- SMS History
- (Delivery reports)
- (Binary SMS: vCard?)
- PIN disable/enable
- Network mode selection
- Network operator selection manual/automatic
More Ideas and Proposal
- Cellular Setting UI: PIN query on/off, Network operator selection manual/automatic, Network mode selection
- See also N900 Ideas
- Call and SMS related apps should use launcher to start up fast (saves over 1s for MTF based apps). See: http://apidocs.meego.com/git-tip/mtf/launcher.html
- At the moment not possible as the apps use derived Application classes, which is incompatible with the approach