Application developer site development process
The process used to develop this site is "guided subcontracting":
- Nokia will subcontract a design agency for creating the web site.
- The candidate designs will be placed in a wiki page for people to view.
- Community feedback will be taken into consideration when choosing the final design.
- Speed: A professional agency will be able to create the web site faster than an unpaid individual.
- Quality: A profession agency should provide high-quality output.
- Feedback: By listening to community feedback, the design agency should be able to produce a good developer web site.
- Corporate control: As the subcontracting party, Nokia will have more control than other partners (and indeed the community).
- (I am not too worried about this one because failure to listening to developer feedback would alienate the very people the site is designed to attract)
- Speed: The need to create a website soon means the feedback window will be small.