MeeGo architecture team is responsible for defining and managing the MeeGo architecture. MeeGo architecture consists of Core OS layer and number of UX verticals on top the Core OS layer. The architecture team decides which component to use for the functionality needed in MeeGo with the objective of consistency inside the Core OS and to the applications that run above it.
- Arjan van de Ven, Chief Architect, responsible for MeeGo architecture
- Sakari Poussa, Core OS Architect, responsible for Core OS architecture
- Mikko Ylinen, Handset UX Architect, responsible for Handset UX architecture
- Sunil Saxena, Core OS Architect, responsible for Core OS architecture
- Architecture team meets once a week. Currently the meetings are not public.
- Agenda and minutes of the meetings will be posted to the meego-architecture mailing list
- Anyone can propose topics to the architecture team agenda
- Architecture topics can and should be discussed on meego-architecture mailing list
- Architecture team is responsible of making the decision in case consensus is not reached
Process Improvement Topics
- How to make the architecture meetings open. Not all the topics can be open but most can be. Examples of non-open parts includes topics which involves IPR, legal, patent, business, product or schedule sensitive material.
- Developer Documentation: APIs, tutorials, videos, examples ([]), to be published soon
- Architecture Documentation: High level architecture pictures and description ([])
- Developer and Subsystem Documentation: Detailed technical description of each MeeGo subsystem. Guidelines for developers working on MeeGo. ([])
MeeGo can benefit with contribution of technologies and features that are needed for MeeGo devices. Some of the technologies and features under consideration are:
- New APIs in QtMobility 1.2 – Camera, Document Gallery, Feedback, Organizer, Maps and Navigation, Service FW, Bluetooth, NFC.
- MCE - MCE provides activity monitoring and notifications via D-Bus, controls display and backlight, ALS reading and display tuning, airplane mode. Need to ensure we have APIs to handle screen backlight/ALS and how it can be done as the property of the window (per application) with accounting of application is in foreground and background.
- System APIs – we have gaps for time settings and alarms using timed, profiles using profiled, screen/backlight handling using MCE.
- Sharing Framework – Architecture team is interested in seeing unified APIs for sharing files via BT, email, web services.
- Architecture navigation tool - able to browse meego packages and visually see the dependencies (coming in Nov)