|Tag||Document name||Repository (with hyperlinks)|
|[SystemModel]||Maemo System Model||[xxx]|
|Acronym or term||Description|
|API||Application Programming Interface|
|SASL||Simple Authentication and Security Layer|
Update of changed figures and descriptions.
signond component is licensed as GPLv2 due to dependencies. SSO client library is licensed as LGPLv2.1.
Authentication plugins are proprietary, except the built-in plaintext and SASL plugins. SASL plugin is based on open source component.
There are no suitable available open source solutions, which would match the requirements even closely.
Locations for database and plugins can be configured during compilation time.
Table 3: Packages provided
|Flash/OneNAND||Program & library files||2048|
Daemon is in sleep when applications do not need authentication. Power consumption is minimal.
SignOn is huge security risk. It is storing user credentials which should be kept safe. This could also include credit card numbers etc.
- Features that require high (admin / root) permissions or are a part of trusted computing base (kernel, etc.)
- User data or personally identifiable information (PII) is handled
- Network connections are used or relied on
- Externally supplied data is being processed
- Financial transactions are processed or billable events are created
- Cryptographic functionality (algorithms, random number generators, protocols) are used or a 'security feature' is being implemented
A table below is depicting executables and their credentials.
|1||Locked device||closed||Should encrypted filesystem be closed when device is locked?|
|2||DBUS id||closed||How to obtain unique identifier of D-BUS peer. Officially not yet supported by Security Framework.|
|3||Lock code||closed||Device lock code setting/getting is not defined.|