MeeGo Architecture Weekly Meeting 20101208
This document contains agenda and minutes of MeeGo Architecture weekly teleconference meeting on 20101208 07:00 PST.
- Sunil Saxena, Arjan van de Ven, Sakari Poussa, Mikko K Ylinen, Danny Bennett, Igor Stoppa, Padmashree Apparao, Semi Malinen, Ryan Ware, Randy Hall, Petri Ahonen;
Agenda and minutes
- We discussed trusted bootloader implications in MeeGo. FW verifies bootloader and bootloader verifies MeeGo kernel. MeeGo does not prescribe a bootloader.
- If the bootloader is not trusted – the device would not boot.
- If the kernel running is not trusted – functionality of the MeeGo kernel may be limited
- Power Management and battery charging functionality will be limited
- The bootloader can provide command line parameters to the MeeGo Kernel – i.e. reason for boot
- The bootloader can provide SW updates, fix the root file system for MeeGo
- Acting dead mode should be implemented in the bootloader – it should be like waiting to kexec the MeeGo kernel in the bootloader itself
- Acting dead mode should not allow any updates or fixing of the software
- Acting dead mode could allow efficient charging of device
- It could support Alarm UI for the device