MeeGo Buildsystem Roadmap
MeeGo is currently running OBS 2.0.6 with minor changes specific to MeeGo:
- Backport of notification plugin to be able to use AMQP for events
- Minor Web UI changes
We are on track to update the MeeGo Build System to 2.1.1 which was released Oct 29th, 2010. See the original announcement for 2.1 for more details about the new features and fixes.
The update to 2.1.1 is scheduled to happen on Saturday, November 6th. Downtime is scheduled between 12:00-14:00 GMT on that date.
2.1.x adds enhanced LDAP support which will allow advanced user management. We are planning to migrate all users from the current implementation to a dedicated LDAP instance and finally enable password changes by the user and better tracking for users and groups in general. The migration to LDAP will happen after 2.1.1 deployment and will happen in 2 steps:
- Review of all users and cleanup of users currently not active, i.e. removing duplicates etc.
- Reset password on all accounts and verifying emails of all users, this will lead to another wave of cleanups leading to the final user list
- Migrate users to LDAP and run initial tests with LDAP as the backend. At that time, user creation and user changes is frozen and disabled.
- finally, migrate to LDAP and disable current database backend