Buteo Sync Solution
The Buteo Sync solution is a complete solution that broadly provides the following synchronization services:
- Device to device synchronization of PIM data (Contacts and Calendar for now) based on SyncML
- Device to cloud synchronization of PIM data (ovi.com, Scheduleworld.com etc.) based on SyncML
- Synchronization of media content to PC based on MTP
- Device to PC synchronization (currently only OviSuite, but this requires contract with OviSuite to support a particular device)
In order to cater to the above service, the following components are available in the Buteo Sync solution:
- Synchronization Framework - a generic framework providing a pluggable architecture. More information [here]
- SyncML stack - a OMA DS 1.1 and 1.2 compliant SyncML stack More information [here]
- MTP stack - A Media Transfer Protocol 1.0 compliant MTP implemenation. More information [here]
- Sync plugins - a syncml sync plugin and a MTP sync plugin that hook into the synchronization framework
All the above components make up the Buteo Sync solution with the capability of being extended to accommodate more protocols. Refer to the individual pages to understand more about the individual components
To request enhancements or report bugs, please check the [list of known issues] and then [report new issues] or [propose new features].
Discussion of Buteo development happens in the issue tracker, on the [Meego Developer list] and on IRC (freenode.org, #meego-sync).
Source code can be found in the [Buteo repositories on meego.gitorious.org].