(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 15:36, 1 October 2010
- The MeeGo FAQ and sub-FAQs need some significant work and updates.
See #Purpose section below for details on this effort.
Status Update for 9-20-10
This is an update for the work over the past couple of weeks --Dawnfoster 20:21, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
Created and configured new mailing lists:
- meego-pm: Program management and general coordination for people working in key roles in the project.
- meego-kernel: MeeGo kernel discussions and patches.
- meego-handset: MeeGo handset program management, product management and development.
- meego-ivi: MeeGo In-Vehicle Infotainment program management, product management and development.
- MeeGo-security-discussion Mailing List: Discussion about the MeeGo Security Framework and other security topics.
Fixed configuration of existing lists:
- meego-releases: Collaboration list on daily activities for Release Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- meego-commits: Broadcast list with auto-generated posts by people committing code into MeeGo.
- meego-it: Discussion about IT and infrastructure for MeeGo.
New or revised process documentation:
- Finish creating and configuring mailing lists (note: just because a mailing list has been "created" does not mean that it has been configured and has anyone subscribed to it).
- Work on some additional process documentation & improvements to FAQs
Previous Status Updates
Focused on overhauling the Community communication processes and creating the infrastructure to support it. --Dawnfoster 16:31, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
The MeeGo community has been growing very quickly, and we need to scale our community collaboration and contribution along with this growth.
Current problems this is designed to solve:
- Overwhelming volume of posts in a small number of mailing lists results in
- Key contributors missing important information
- Some project teams relying on private communication channels to avoid using meego-dev
- Questions and discussions are being posted in the wrong communication channels
- The same questions are being posted over and over
- People are confused about how to contribute to MeeGo and are frustrated with the process
Improvements on the To Do List
- Create more mailing lists as defined in the Community communication document - in process
- Improve FAQs for those questions that keep being asked
- Work with other teams to document key processes that people need
- Create Bugzilla guidelines