Intel Participation Details
Update: ExoPC tablets are ready! https://meego.com/community/device-program/devices/exopc-tablet
Tablet Device Program Details
- Device: ExoPC Slate loaded with open source tablet build of MeeGo (hardware specs)
- Quantity: 100
- Additional Criteria / Terms:
- Device to be loaned to participant for 3 years.
- May not be able to ship to certain countries / locations.
- Intel, Nokia and Linux Foundation employees are not eligible (contact Dawn outside of this program for exceptions).
- Timeframe: distribution active.
General thoughts on device program
Since we already have a program at Intel where people can get systems, our plan is to work with the team that administers the existing program as follows:
- MeeGo team at Intel (Dawn Foster) to set aside a certain number of systems allocated to the MeeGo project within the existing program.
- Work with the MeeGo community to gather requests and select people to receive systems.
- The names and addresses of the people to receive systems will be sent to Intel.
- Intel to ship the systems.
What we need from the MeeGo Community:
- A way for people to apply for systems.
- A selection process meeting any special requirements that we have for a particular system (we may have different criteria for handset vs. netbook vs. whatever else).
- A method for collecting the information required to ship the systems.
Things we still need to figure out:
- What is our (Intel's) criteria?
- What are our restrictions? (I think we have issues shipping to certain countries, so we need to be clear about this.)
- Other methods for people to get systems. We have a few things in the works that might make it easier for application developers to get systems from Intel, but details are still in serious flux, and we won't know more until early March.