Nokia Participation Details
Update: Nokia N950 handsets are ready! https://meego.com/community/device-program/devices/nokia-n9-devkit
N950 Devkit Program Details
- Device: Nokia N950 loaded with MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
- Quantity: 250
- Additional Criteria / Terms:
- One submission per developer please
- Device to be loaned to participant for [period unspecified].
- May not be able to ship to certain countries / locations.
- Nokia employees are not eligible.
- Timeframe: distribution active.
QUESTIONS / ANSWERS & UPDATES: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3597
N950 landing page
WORK IN PROGRESS
For the sake of transparency and collaboration:
* Please link your name to a page describing your Nokia N950 related work e.g. a wiki page.
* Add here one line of text summarizing the project(s) and feature(s) you are concentrating.
* We haven't done the 'Nokia employee' check yet. If you happen to be one, contact Quim Gil.
Participants accepted that still haven't received the N950.
Still haven't ordered the N950
You haven't completed the first steps at Nokia Developer and therefore they can't send you an N950. Please move fast before it's too late. You risk losing your chances of getting the device at all.
- Si Howard
- Piotr Pokora (piotras) - I am core developer of Midgard Content Repository which (as library) is used by different Maemo apps: Conboy, MaeCalories, Tablet of Adventure, Qaikuclient. Also I am maintainer of libgda and midgard packages (debs and rpms). From date of birth, I am interested in unified and simplified data access. And such, I am also going to develop for N950.
- Damion Yates ID sent. Applied for the Nokia Developer Launchpad programme
- Video streaming for multiple desktops to receive the video from your phone.
- New in 2.6.32+ kernel's wifi 80211 Infrastructure AP rather than Ad-Hoc for tethering.
- qemu x86 chroot for wine and arbitrary x86 X11 binaries
- tun/tap network interface for dns tunnelling with iodine
- usb-storage usage monitor with idle umount && rsync and remount
- turn phone in to bluetooth dongle
N950 ordered, waiting to be sent
Please move your entry from the sections below if this is your case. Sort yourselves by country since this is most likely the reason why you haven't got the device yet.
- Brazil - this is a special case, issue known.
N950 shipped, waiting to get it
Please list yourselves keeping the list by countries in order to see the geographical progress in real time. :)
Participants that have received the Nokia N950, sorted by meego.com nick. You know this device program is completed when we have reached 250:
- aaporantalainen (Aapo Rantalainen)
- Agomez (Andres Gomez)
- Development of drondas, a personal application for the management of the payments shared with other people so you can get track of who paid which in name of whom.
- ajalkane (Arto Jalkanen)
- Developing dynamic profile switcher, with location and day/time based rules on which profile to use.
- aklapper (Andre Klapper)
- General testing and bug hunting
- amandalam (Amanda Hoi Ching Lam) Device received (2011-07-18)
- Traditional Chinese language and utility apps for the MeeGo & Harmattan platforms, including but not limited to a Chinese character lookup app, and applications localized for the Traditional Chinese communities in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Amanda's Software Projects
- Andy80 (Andrea Grandi)
- anidel (Aniello Del Sorbo) Device received. All is well in the world.
- Porting Xournal from Maemo to Harmattan/MeeGo
- andrei1089 (Andrei Mirestean) device received
- antman8969 (Anthony Naddeo) device received
- Linkedup - LinkedIn client for Maemo, Meego, Harmattan..... anything Qt
- QtWeather - United States National Weather Service application
- Porting VLC to handsets and tablets using Qt for UI awesomeness.
- Avis (Alexander Terekhov) device received
- Smart Shopper - porting and improving GPS-based shopping application.
- b0unc3 (Daniele Maio), device received
- Bundyo (Kamen Bundev), ID sent, Launchpad activated, notification email received, device ordered, device shipped, received on 18th July
- Rewriting Search Tool, porting Maemo 5 work, NodeJS, possible Tear rewrite.
- Broothy (Ádám Balázs), Sent my Account ID to Quim, i'm already Nokia launchpad member. Awaiting any reply. Device shipped, received
- captainigloo (Aguirre Nicolas)
- cgrozea (Cristian Grozea) Device received.
- creating magnus-plus-photo: an application that combines a camera-based magnifier with more advanced image processing techniques, that would enable one to use it as a magnifier (with optional light from the camera LED), use it as a photo negatives lightbox that automatically inverts the negatives and adjusts the colors for proper display; use it as an EVF add-on to SLRs to help with manual focus, leveraging the possibility of amplifying contrast and magnifying.
- cip (Christian Pühringer) ID sent, already a Launchpad member, Ordered (8-Jul-2011), Dispatched (15-Jul-2011), Device received (18-Jul-2011)
- Conny (Cornelius Hald) ID sent, Applied for the Nokia Developer Launchpad program
- cpscotti (Clovis Scotti) Device received.
- Developing the "connected snowboarding" Push Snowboarding application/project. Also, I'll be very happy to port other apps I did (mainly for Maemo) + new projects.
- Clint Adams
- Libre.fm-related software development and porting, advocacy
- crevetor (Antoine Reversat) Device received.
- Developing a bixi app App thread. Some Meego CE hacking
- Creamy Goodness (Lance Colton) Device received.
- Working on Proximus during July, I will see what we can do with Conky after that.
- Porting the Sudoku clone Tomiku
- deimos (Marco Bavagnoli)
- Dimitar (Dimitar Pashov)
- Porting pdf viewer in case the stock one is not better than the one in n900. Try the abilities of the n9/50 HW with an engineering/scientific 3D model viewer. Implement some other ideas.
- DJArty (Artem Sereda)
- Porting qutIM, openpref, arora, links, groove, microdc, Ukrainian localization.
- Drowne (Valerio Di Donato)
- Location-Based games and application development, mobile game design. Junomi Developer ( serious game presented at Games for Health Conference in Boston, May 2011 )
- druid23 (Dru Moore)
- To port / create multi-track editing and mixing software to Meego / Harmatten, and multimedia capabilities in general
- Additionally, to port remote controls for various networked media players (Singbird, Foobar2000, Squeeze, VLC etc).
- dwaradzyn (Damian Waradzyn) Device received. Thank you!
- Porting and further development of CloudGPS
- eipi (Sanjeev Visvanatha) , Device Received 18/7/2011-Thanks!
- Porting MaeFlight from Maemo 5, and adding functionality for Harmattan
- Elleo (Michael Sheldon)
- emocow (Ferdinand Mayet) (Device received. Thank you!)
- Development of a golf GPS application
- fiferboy (Andrew Olmsted) Device received
- fms (Marat Fayzullin) (Device received 22.7.2011)
- gri (Christoph Keller) Device received
- Porting Web2SMS, splitting it up into a telepathy plugin, service daemon, contacts integration and hopefully sms application integration plus new provider plugins.
- Harbaum (Till Harbaum)
- Currently re-writing CacheMe UI in qml, working on Zeemote driverwawa
- hawaii (Simon LR) Device received
- FOSS porting, repo priming, tool building. Platform/product evangelism.
- helex (Michael Muth)
- helihyv (Heli Hyvättinen)
- Porting Ghosts Overboard (a game) and Chess Clock from Maemo and adding new features to the former.
- hiemanshu (Hiemanshu Sharma)
- Porting Komedia and OpenCV. Writing a google reader client, a cowsay GUI.
- hopbeat (Arkadiusz Stopczynski)
- Various academic projects, including novel user interfaces, social web, BCI and portable cognitive sensors. All the crazy stuff mentioned here: http://www.milab.imm.dtu.dk
- Some utility applications that make your everyday tasks easier, such as shortcutd or lockdaemon for Maemo
- ieatlint(Jeffrey Malone)
- Creating NextBus transit application for North America
- Jaffa (Andrew Flegg)
- Porting apps from Maemo (Attitude & Hermes), developer tools, and apps.meego.com workflow. "Want to know more?"
- javispedro (Javier de San Pedro)
- jbos (Jeremias Bosch) Device arrived.
- jflatt (Jason Flatt) Completed
- JLP (Jure Repinc)
- Creating a Thousand Parsec game client
- Moodle client
- Help with testing
- Translation into Slovenian
- Joergrw (Joerg Reisenweber) device arrived. COMPLETED
- USB hostmode. Give N9(50) access to external storage etc. (co-devels: Thomas B. Ruecker, MohammadAG)
- Review the core functionality and find other similar fields to tackle (see *# starhash-enabler for N900). To mind comes: user profiles (refer the modest "default" & "silent" on fremantle), dialplans, location aware event triggers (cinema profile triggers automatically on entering the building), improved battery management and monitoring, theft protection and recovery...
- cablefinder based on fast magnetometer readout detecting 50/60Hz fields (co-devel: alterego)
- torch/flashlight app for N950 - possibly augmented to do optical data transfer, RX via a v4l2 based decoder app
- I am contributing/associated to:
- SnapGo / Ryan Abel [consulting on low level stuff]
- jykae (Ville Jyrkkä) device arrived. COMPLETED
- Martin Dengler device arrived. COMPLETED
- I am working on porting a tron-like game (armegatron preferably or glTron) to the N9, and developing Ringr, a location-based ringtone management application.
- Jose Xavier, device arrived. COMPLETED
- kdrozd (Krzysiek Drozd) - N950 At Home
- Clients for a number of local network services, casual games. More soon, on my MeeGo wiki
- khertan (Benoît HERVIER)
- Currently working on KhtEditor
- Kimitake (Kimitake) device arrived. COMPLETED
- developing Qt-based micro blogging client for twitter, identi.ca, wassr, jp
- porting qimsys, Japanese Input method, as maliit plugin
- Kojacker (Ryan Faulkner)
- Various applications, bits and bobs (links coming)
- Laasonen (Olli Laasonen)
- Porting apps from Maemo (Who is calling?, Advanced phone lock, Sanakirja.org dictionary client).
- Developing small handy applications.
- lardman (Simon Pickering) - Device arrived, thanks! :)
- Porting mBarcode, working on Augmented Reality app (mAR), time and location event app (Proximus), additional location methods (offline cellid, magnetic field line direction)
- liang wei (foolegg), ID sent:Yes | Launchpad Accepted:Yes | Ordered:Yes | Received:Yes
- lorenzph (Philip Lorenz) - Device arrived - thank you
- Development of a hiking application supporting the user when planning and executing the trip.
- lostinmirkwood (Kristopher C. Kantor) - Device arrived, Thank You.
- Continuing Development of Ansel-A: Digital Darkroom for Qt Devices
- Mardy (Alberto Mardegan)
- MartinK (Martin Kolman)
- Porting the modRana GPS navigation system and Mieru manga and comic book reader.
- MasterZap (Zap Andersson) - Device arrived.
- Porting Maemo app ZapLoc to Meego/QT (and, eventually, game "Slightly Annoyed Rodents")
- Mikecy (Mike Choy) - Device arrived.
- Porting svgclock, Maesynth and Maelophone from N900 Python to QML and C++. Stress testing the new Qt Game Enabler to see if we finally have low latency audio support in Qt. Will also look to see if we can get midi sample support via Wild Midi or equivalent.
- mickeprag (Micke Prag) - Device arrived.
- TelldusCenter Light - Using the mobile phone as the central hub in your home automation. Control your lights, electrical appliances and curtains wirelessly from the palm of your hands.
- mikelima (Luciano Montanaro) - Device arrived.
- Porting Quando Parte, implementing a QML patience/puzzle game, porting and adapting KGoldrunner, and writing an OpenStreetMap survey tool, all for use with MeeGo Harmattan (and future MeeGo versions).
- Milhouse Device arrived
- Develop an audio recording application with geo-location support, plus other applications to improve personal productivity utilising the Harmattan notification/event view.
- mitrandir Ilya Skriblovsky
- Port NWTBible (Bible reader)
- Planaris (Hierarchical Todo list) to MeeGo
- mmlado (Mladen Milankovic) - Device arrived
- MSvB (Michael Schloh von Bennewitz) - Device arrived, thank you.
- Using the device for a MeeGo lecture series in the fall, giving demos.
- Application development includes LDAP client, and a chess clock.
- Nicolai (Nicolai Hess)
- Port my scout application to Qt (Application to search contacts, calendar and conversations)
- mja (Miika Ahdesmaki)
- Trap, Shake, Kill 'em and other multi sensor apps' development.  Nokia Developer Launchpad program approved 06Jul2011, Device available for order 07Jul2011 (ordered, OID-052820), Order sent on 13.7.2011 (email 10:40am), Received 14.07.2011.
- niqt (Nicola De Filippo) - Device arrived.
- Porting my maemo5 applications Badge and QLshop.
- New qml game
- Other mail client.
- Niels Mayer
- Noobmonkey - Launchpad:Accepted(06-Jul-2011) | N950eMail:07 July, 12pmGMT| Ordered:07 July 12pmGMT |Received: 14 July|
- Developing/Porting Healthcheck with many new fun things (Qt)
- Will Port and update MaeCount (Qt)
- Would like to develop a new game (Some ideas, and basic code for a few - so will update shortly)
- Port 2d puzzle board game kMagnet or a new 2d board puzzle game
- orava (Lasse Stenberg)
- Porting and further developing Mapsi
- ossipena (Timo Pelkonen)
- App for measuring distances and keeping statistics, will reveal more when I get it working well
- Willing to test others apps, contact me if needed
- Writing tutorials to help other developers to step in MeeGo / Building MeeGo Paris network / Developing an audio player to access to more than 47 000 webradios referenced on AOL shoutcast (by name, genre, current track)
- pH5 (Philipp Zabel)
- philippengelhard (Philipp Engelhard) Device arrived.
- Develop a maze game for children and adults
- Develop a "Nokia Bots" like program for alarm and battery
- pycage (Martin Grimme) Sent back defective device. Replacement device arrived. Thanks DDP!
- Doing the Community Apps installer client. Also targetting Harmattan with my OSS MeeGo apps (which are currently mostly running on the WeTab).
- qole Easy Debian and other projects as they arise
- quang (Quang Pham) Device arrived.
- Develop a location based services application
- Test Vietnamese localization
- rambo (Eero af Heurlin) ID sent, Launchpad:Accepted | N950eMail:Yes | Ordered:Yes | Received:Yes
- Port MaeCalories, Mobile hotspot (possibly, depends on many things and might not be actually neccessary), I'm also looking into some wearable computing and augmented reality stuff, I'll have to see how suitable platform the N9(50) is going to be for that.
- reffy (Alex Tyler)
- I plan to port my Subsonic client Aerofy to the platform. I also plan to develop a range of media related applications.
- rlinfati (Rodrigo Linfati) ID send: 30-Jun-2011, Launchpad-Applied: 30-Jun-2011, Launchpad-Accepted: 06-Jul-2011 | N950eMail: 07-Jul-2011 | Ordered: 07-Jul-2011 | Received:14-07-2011
- Upgrade GoogleLatitude to the current API
- Find your Frient: a apps that inform you position directly to you friend without any external server.
- RzR (Philippe Coval) thank you Nokia for n950 and supporting GNU/Linux
- sandst1 (Topi Santakivi)
- Porting FunkeySynth, a MeeGo Tablet synthesizer to Harmattan
- Demo clip and further info in my blog
- scifiguy (Sudheer K.) ID sent| Launchpad:Accepted(07-Jul-2011) | N950eMail:Yes(07-Jul-2011) | Ordered:Yes (07-Jul-2011) | Received:Yes(18-Jul-2011)
- Porting Markets Today, a Stock Quotes app to Harmattan. Released for Harmattan (19-Jul-2011)
- Evaluate porting of VICaR (Call router application) and new application ideas on Harmattan
- sebas (Sebastian Kügler) - (device arrived, thanks!)
- Bringing Plasma Active to Meego / handsets
- Sfietkonstantin (Sfiet Konstantin) - (thanks Qgil and Nokia for the N950)
- shadymilkman (Kyle Thomas) - (recieved devkit)
- Building Reedit, a reddit application 
- shmerl (Hillel Lubman) - (device arrived, thanks to Nokia for open source Meego development support)
- Building/testing Firefox/Fennec (release, beta, aurora, nightly) on Meego
- Porting Zmanim API to C++ and preparing it for Meego as a library (libzmanim). Planned - Hebrew calendar application in Qt based on the Zmanim API.
- sjgadsby (Stephen Gadsby)
- slvr32 (Jason Byrne)
- nfqm (Netflix Queue Manager) Qt/C++, targeting Symbian^3, Maemo 5, and Meego/Harmattan - discussion thread here
- solmis (Janne Mäkinen)
- Porting/Rewriting Maemo 5 stuff
- Somnathbanik (Somnath Banik)
- Porting my existing Symbian^3 multimedia applications to MeeGo/N9 with a new and exciting UI components of Harmattan/MeeGo.
- Creating simple and easy open source application to inspire beginner developers to work on MeeGo/N9 technology.
- Spenap (Simón Pena)
- Porting and enhancing Maevies from Maemo 5 to Meego/Harmattan. Now tracked at Butaca
- stanokia (Stani)
- Develop RadioTouch to play online radio stations. Ready for testing: click here.
- Develop a creative photo and/or camera application based on the code of the Phatch project. (This code uses wxPython for the GUI. So it will take some effort to port it to PySide and QML, with which I have no previous experience yet.)
- Stephan Bulgin
- Porting NXEngine
- In the process of re-writing DonQt for MeeGo/Harmattan.(will most likely be a name change and better code.)
- stskeeps (Carsten Munk) Device received
- N950/N9 MeeGo CE work and Wayland on these devices
- summeli (Antti Pohjola) - Device arrived.
- Porting AntSnes and gpSP from Symbian^3 to Harmattan/MeeGo.
- swinkels (Sławomir Musiał)
- Porting eCards - Application for creating and sending e-cards
- syrjala (Ville Syrjälä)
- tassu (Tapio Pyrhönen)
- My site - Porting my old DS games and making new ones.
- texrat (Randall Arnold, Community Device Program Lead)
- thp (Thomas Perl)
- gPodder - Integrating gPodder with Harmattan (including specific APIs)
- Open source work on Python-related APIs (PySide, etc..) + Python tutorials
- Get Mong in shape for Harmattan
- Port over some of my existing Maemo 5 apps
- tigerite (Peter Hunt)
- timoph (Timo Härkönen)
- timsamoff (Tim Samoff)
- MeeGo Community Apps website design
- A few other things that are brewing (games, sound generators, etc.)
- tswindell (Tom Swindell)
- vandenoever (Jos van den Oever)
- Uladzislau Vasilyeu (Vasvlad)
- Porting OMWeather to Harmattan
- Venemo (Timur Kristóf)
- vgrade (Martin Brook)
- I would plan to contnue my contributions to the N900 Community Edition of MeeGo which I assume will push right through into the N9. I am very interested in contributing to the exciting new architecture #*built on Wayland to give this device the best user experience.
- Local Network Meetups, Cambridge, Birmingham, Koln, Dusseldorf
- VitaminJ (Stephen Spencer)
- Meex, a portable DJing application
- vitna COMPLETED
- wazd (Andrew Zhilin)
- OMWeather, Live Wallpapers, BlueMaemo, Ati85, QML gPodder, tons of other design-related stuff
- wicket (David Derby)
- wonko (Ruediger Gad)
- Amongst other things I'll port my existing applications for Maemo5/Fremantle to MeeGo/Harmattan: VU Meter, StultitiaSimplex, Zeecontrol, Advanced Clock Plugin (for details please see my page).
- Porting Wagic on Harmattan based on either Qt or SDL.
- xerxes2 (Jens Persson)
- Panucci - Resuming audiobook and podcast player
- Meego CE
- X-Fade (Niels Breet)
- Set up & Testing Harmanttan building on MeeGo Community OBS
- zaheerm (Zaheer Merali)
- Porting GStreamer plugins not shipped by Nokia to Harmattan
- Porting Flumotion an open source streaming solution to Harmattan taking advantage of the hardware encoding and the camera
- zeamoceq (Olle Tränk)
- Porting qTickSize (interface to Swedish online stock broker)
- zehjotkah (Cosimo Kroll)
Updated Questions and answer for those people awaiting N950 Dev Kits:
1) If you have registered for the launchpad, please wait.
If you want to find out more information you can email the launchpad team, but a quick response is unlikely.
Also, Quim will be emailing / sending all of the names and accounts across, therefore, if they have any questions / problems contacting devs they'll let Quim know.
2) Timeline - Timescale
There is no defined deadline or timescale for this. Keep an eye on the delivered and pending sections below, as people are posting dates / times.
If things start happening and you feel you are being left out - please then email the Nokia Developer launchpad teams. But until then, not much communication if any will be received. Hold tight and please wait.
If your status is similar to someone else's, and in the same batch, and they get a device, wait a few days then fire a message to the launchpad team or here. No point asking the same questions on the forum. Most of the devs mentioned below are also on twitter, so ask there or elsewhere on the forums if really needed.
3) Timescale Part 2 - Patience!
Arranging, confirming, emailing, packaging and sending 250 devices is not a day's job.
Realistically expect a few weeks once they have started being sent out.
Be clear in all contact emails you send, to speed up the process - include account names and any other IDs requested/required. It is hard for people to swap from real names, nicknames, etc on a list of 250+ people..
4) People who already are registered with Launchpad
If you have a launchpad account (Lucky you) there is an option which allows you to select available devices, however, nothing is certain as of now, therefore that may not be the route.
Once the team start going through the list, it sounds sensible that they will start emailing / contacting the people on the list with instructions, confirmations and/or queries. (see below! - thank you Jaffa for the update)
Update - It seems the next step once the launchpad section is confirmed may be an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "A Nokia N950 is waiting for you".
5) Why have I heard nothing from Launchpad?
There is no launchpad confirmation email (But if you try to register again it says that there is already an application waiting) - therefore.... re-register if you have to. Just make sure you use the individual and not company registration. (There is however a developer registration email! - and logging in also proves that stage works!)
6) "I didn't realize this was happening, can I still apply for one?"
Answer- "Short term: register to http://developer.nokia.com and watch Nokia developer activities in your country. "
- This program is closed, but as Quim says, keep your eyes on the internet, as there are other programs and similar things available, and different countries where Nokia reps do things too
7) Why is Nokia Developer saying the device program has been closed, and we still do not have our devices? *rant rant*
There are other device programs being run separately to the MeeGo DevKit program. The programs are not joined, but the team that sends out the devices is the same. Therefore, any messages you read are not exclusive to this particular set of 250 devices. Other programs may or may not appear across other Nokia sites, they are all separate from this one.
If you have been accepted, don't panic - they have not gone out yet! (As far as we all know!)
Please do update this section if you feel other questions from the forum have been answered?
General thoughts on device program
The Nokia N950 is a platform available now for developers targeting the Nokia N9 and MeeGo handset apps in general. Technical details are available at http://developer.nokia.com/swipe
Candidates must be community developers ready to start working on new or existing open source applications, to be published in apps.meego.com and the Nokia Store. Links to your current projects are relevant! Deadline for applications: end of Tuesday, June 28th.
Questions & comments: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3597
IMPORTANT: *commercial* developers are encouraged to apply directly at http://developer.nokia.com - thank you for your understanding.