The good news is that we are getting 50 Nokia 950 developer devices in addition to the 250 of the initial program!
This is how we will proceed for this special batch:
- Candidates MUST have real open source code published and functional via Qt Creator simulator/emulator, Scratchbox, running in similar platforms e.g. Maemo, Symbian, Linux desktop... It can be unstable and far from complete, but we want to see real work done already as a primary way to filter candidates.
- Candidates MUST list themselves below, providing a short summary and link(s) to the project(s). Requests done through any other channels will be ignored by this program.
- Randall (Texrat) and Quim will review the candidates as they arrive and will send acceptance emails until reaching the limit of 50. Community feedback about the candidates is welcome in this thread. The deadline is 'as soon as possible'.
- Accepted candidates will be moved to Community_Office/Community_device_program/Nokia#Still_pending and will receive the instructions to get the device through the Nokia Developer Launchpad program for individuals.
List your proposal AT THE END OF THE QUEUE using the following template. Remember that we expect to find source code and executable binaries behind the links.
- yourwikiusername (Name Surname) (((having an introduction/links about yourself in your profile page always is useful - but not required)))
- Project Name - One sentence summary. Two sentences only if you really need them.
- Project Name 2 - You can add optionally more projects.
- talvbansal (Talvinder Bansal)
- Meme Generator - Port a meme generator from Symbian to Meego as an entertainment app, plus add twitter and facebook uploads, both of which im capable of if you see my paid apps in the ovi store
- SymPaper - will port my highly praised Read It later Client to meego, UI has already been designed with meego in mind
- SymFTP - will re-write the ui in qml and port my mobile ftp server to meego
- Will port my upcoming app for the SimpleNote note service to meego to have notes synchronized to the cloud
- Plans for a miso app for symbian which will again be ported to meego (after SymNote is finished)
- Willing to contribute with other developers on larger apps for the community
Warning: List was compromised! (perhaps by accident)
Please have a look at this diff:
I can't simply undo and rollback because of several other edits since then.
I deleted now the entire list to avoid more edits and confusion until the list gets restored. Currently I have not enought time (perhaps later at my lunchtime), so I will try to fix it myself later. If somebody else wants to try it with more experience I won't stop you.
But please be aware of all changes that were made after Revision as of 10:43, 7 August 2011!
If nobody else steps in this will get my first time trying to join such a wiki mess. Wish me luck. ;o)