Texas Instruments Program Details
(Jayabharath Goluguri, TI OMAP community manager)
Our intent is the following:
- To provide boards that helps make MeeGo rock on ARM hardware (in our case OMAP :)
- Enable meego community access to HW to do the necessary optimizations for ARM SoC's (in our case OMAP)
- Enable innovation with MeeGo that is typically possible only with development platforms (e.g., multiple display support, boot from MMC, interfacing & integration to various sensors)
When the above happens we all will benefit from it.
Constraints (we prefer but not absolutely need to make this happen):
- We would 'prefer' these board not be used for work that can be done on more available hardware e.g., MeeGo running on Netbooks. i.e., community council can factor if there is a need for these devices for the project.
- If boards are not activitly being used by a developer we would 'enourage' developers to pass it onto someone else in the community who can make better use of these platform.
The boards that I plan to use for this activity are coming out of quotas allocated by TI to sponsor various PandaBoard community activities (including MeeGo). I might be able to find more boards if I can get TI marketing team to foot the bill (I havent had a discussion with them yet - but can do so based on the MeeGo community needs)
Request form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG5mcVNXSFFleVZjVFNtMVVqXzVYY1E6MQ