June 1 Meeting Canceled: Next Meeting on June 15 14:00 UTC
Purpose and Intent
The purpose of this meeting is to coordinate Community Office tasks by moving proposed tasks to committed tasks with clear owners and prioritization. We hope that this meeting will make it easier for us to get more organized about how we accomplish work in the CO, and avoid the duplicated effort that we have been seeing at least in these early days of the project while we merge the two communities.
A few notes:
- Anyone can attend these meetings or participate in the process!
- Anyone can add any proposed task to the wiki. All we ask is that you have a single person coordinating the effort and a wiki page or bug filed with more information about the task. The process is documented on the Community Office wiki page.
The Community Office meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 19:00 UTC and the third Tuesday of every month at 14:00 UTC. Meetings will end promptly after 1 hour.
All CO meetings take place in the MeeGo IRC channels:
- Main meeting: #meego-meeting
- Back channel & other discussions (optional): #meego
Next CO meeting
The next meeting is on 15 June 2010 at 14:00 UTC.
Note: If you are currently the coordinator of a committed task, please update your wiki page or bug report for that task 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Quick Review of the process for community work
- Review to do lists and discuss areas where people can contribute
- All Other Business / General Questions
Backlog of Proposed Topics
- Company & Device Forums - (forum discussion) -- it looks like forum.meego.com won't have any Nokia or Intel forums, and no device forums like "Nokia N800" or "Nokia N900" either. End-users for future MeeGo devices need to discuss and ask support from their devices directly from manufacturers.
Propose a topic
Follow these instructions and your topic will be addressed in a CO meeting sooner or later.
- Add your items in the Backlog of Proposed Topics Section.
- Make sure your topic is on-topic.
- Your topic proposed contains a title linking to a relevant page, an owner for the topic, and the names of other individuals proposing that topic, linking to their meego.com pages/profiles.
- The proposal owner needs to take part in the meeting. If you can't make it on a certain scheduled meeting please specify.
- To Karma or not to Karma (forum discussion)
- We will collect various reputation statistics, which will be ordered lists of activity in various areas of the project
- Intel and Nokia will not be building any aggregate karma/reputation metric, but based on the publicly available data, others should feel free to do so.
- No decision was taken on an eventual integration of this karma measure - this doesn't make sense until it exists and we see how popular and useful it is.
Click the links to get the meeting minutes. From there you can access the full logs.
- 2010-05-04 - First Community team meeting under the new regular process.
- 2010-02-24 - First MeeGo community meeting, prior to the formalization of the Community WG (see wiki page).