This is a work in progress - we are still in the process of creating some of these new mailing lists, but most of this document is accurate.
Visit Community communication/Status for updates.
Read Before Posting - Helping Yourself
Search for existing answers
IMPORTANT: Before you post to any of our mailing lists or forums, be sure that you have done a thorough search and read our FAQs to see if your question has already been answered. We've already answered many questions, and you will get a better response from people if you have already done your due diligence to find obvious or partial answers.
- MeeGo FAQ: Main frequently asked questions document with links to specialized FAQs.
- Forum Search: Use the forum search page to find answers to user questions.
- Wiki Search: Find existing documentation and helpful tips.
- Mailing list search: In Google type: my search terms site:lists.meego.com
- Search Everything (meego.com, mailing lists, forums, wiki, etc.): In Google type: my search terms site:meego.com
Etiquette: What to know before you post
Mailing Lists and Forums
Discussions about MeeGo, asynchronous project collaboration and answers to questions across a variety of mailing lists and forums. Please note that you must subscribe before you can post to a mailing list, and you need to have a meego.com account to post in our forums. You can learn more by reading our Forum guidelines and Mailing list guidelines.
Subscribe to these lists to receive announcements.
Issues with installation, user level bugs, or general questions about MeeGo. This is where users of MeeGo can ask questions and discuss MeeGo with other users in our forums.
- General: MeeGo related topics not classified in a specific subforum.
- Handset: MeeGo Handset related topics.
- In-Vehicle: MeeGo In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) related topics.
- Netbook: MeeGo Netbook related topics.
- Tablet: MeeGo Tablet related topics.
- Community Matters: Discussion about infrastructure, processes, marketing, events, and other community matters for the MeeGo project.
- Off-Topic: Totally unrelated but still worth discussing between ameegos.
Ask questions and discuss techniques for developing applications to run on top of MeeGo.
People who are contributing to the MeeGo project collaborate on these lists.
Note: Lists without links may still be tentative and have not been created or configured yet.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) for real-time discussions about MeeGo and online meetings. All of our IRC channels are hosted at irc.freenode.net.
MeeGo IRC Channels
- #meego: 24/7 open discussion.
- #meego-meeting: scheduled IRC meetings (MeeGo-Meeting IRC Schedule).
- #meego-meeting-questions: used for questions during moderated IRC meetings (rarely used).
- #meego-arm: MeeGo ARM team channel as well as home to the MeeGo N900 hardware adaptation team.
- #meego-dev: MeeGo project collaboration for developers contributing to MeeGo.
- #meego-sdk: Discussion about the MeeGo SDK.
- #meego-handset: Collaboration for the MeeGo Handset team.
- #meego-art: Graphics and theming.
- #meego-qa-tools: MeeGo QA-tools team channel focused on test tools development
- #meego-qa: MeeGo QA channel
- #meego-python: The MeeGo Python project - Developing and packaging Python for MeeGo + application development using Python
- #meego-l10n: Used for questions and discussion on localizing MeeGo
- #meego-bar: Used for drinking Guinness and general off topic chat with colleagues and friends around the world
- #meego-fi: Regional channel for MeeGo Network Finland. Includes discussions about MeeGo Summit FI
Quite a bit of discussion happens in Bugzilla to discuss bugs and possible solutions.
Some of our documentation can be found on MeeGo.com, but most of the documentation can be found in the MeeGo Wiki where you can contribute by:
- Adding new documentation to help other people in the MeeGo community
- Correcting technical errors or adding additional information in the documentation
- Cleaning up the language and correcting typos
Contributing to MeeGo
There are also many ways that you can contribute to MeeGo beyond just discussions. See our Contribution Guidelines page for more details.