The Process will start from October 2010.
Now that we’ve passed Feature Complete for MeeGo 1.1, the MeeGo Core is locked down for patches containing both bugfixes and features without prior change-control approval. Here is the process we will be following to approve bugfixes for the MeeGo Core until the Trunk is reopened for 1.2 features and bug-fixes:
- Intel and Nokia QA representatives will triage all incoming bugs twice a week – Wed/Friday PRC time – following the process defined here.
- Triage team will scrub all incoming bugs for completeness, and will propose bugs to be reviewed by the setting the MeeGo_1.1_Release_Blocker flag to Proposed.
- If you have bugs you want to ensure are fixed for 1.1, please monitor their status out of triage. If you believe a bug has been triaged inappropriately, send mail to gavin.hindman(@)intel.com with the relevant bug link, and rationale for fixing it in 1.1/impact of not fixing in 1.1
- Please contact Jerry.Yu(@)intel.com if you would like to be included in the Triage efforts
The list of bugs proposed for CCB may be viewed with this query.
Change Control Process
The Change Control Board (CCB) will consist of approvers from Core functional areas:
- Product Manager/CCB Chair – Gavin Hindman – gavin.hindman(@)intel.com
- Program Manager – Makoto Sugano – makoto.sugano(@)Nokia.com
- Architecture / Engineering – arjan(@)linux.intel.com
- Release Engineering - Terence Chen (Alexander Kanevskiy acting – Terence back next week) – Terence.chen(@)intel.com / Alexander.Kanevskiy(@)nokia.com
- Validation – Tommi Toropainen - Tommi.Toropainen(@)nokia.com
- Marketing – Amit Bapat – amit.bapat(@)intel.com
- Handset - Sami Pienimaki - Sami.Pienimaki(@)nokia.com
- Following bug triage newly proposed defects will be added to a shared CCB document by noon the day after Triage and the CCB status will be set to Nominated.
- Approvers will set their Approver status to Approve, Reject, or Request Mtg, for each new line item by noon the following day.
- Request Mtg status will trump any other Approve/Reject until resolved.
- The CCB Chair will promote the CCB Status for any line items approved or rejected by a majority of approvers, and not marked as Mtg Required, as Approved or Rejected by noon Thursday PST to meet the Friday pre-integration image creation deadline. Silence will be considered consent.
- CCB results will then be reflected in the MeeGo_1.1_Release_Blocker flag for that defect in Bugzilla
- Any items where a meeting has been requested will be discussed in the Intel/Nokia Core Sync the following Tuesday and updated accordingly.
- Very urgent issue may require dedicated meetings and the CCB Chair will schedule as-needed.
- We will attempt to resolve Stakeholder disagreement with a CCB decision through email – please send concern with CCB decision to gavin.hindman(@)intel.com
CCB progress is publicly visible here.