The MeeGo forum engine was agreed to be vBulletin. See the Forum_/_Talk wiki page and the post communicating the decision.
- forum.meego.com seems to be the most popular vote in the thread discussing this on meego-community.
DRAFT UNDER DISCUSSION
We all agree on these basic principles:
- Start simple and growing organically based on concrete needs.
- Avoid forum / mailing list duplication to cover the same purpose.
- General: MeeGo related topics not classified in a specific subforum.
- Application Developer Support: Offer/get help dealing with application developer tools and APIs.
- Community Matters: Discussion about infrastructure, processes, marketing and events for the MeeGo project, issues and suggestions about the website, community meet-ups, and community building.
- Off-topic: Totally unrelated but still worth discussing between ameegos.
- Localization - if the L10n mailing list decides to move here. Otherwise let's avoid duplication.
- Design - If there is interest and critical mass.
- Using MeeGo - by the time a release for end users is offered. Probably better if having Netbook and Handset subforums since the first day?
- Devices - has the risk of being a can of worms & requires further discussion. Will also depend on the take of the MeeGo device vendors, the amount of devices, the differences between them... Not really needed before first devices are approaching the shops.
Moved to a subpage: Forum/Guidelines
April 7, 2010: The forum is now live at http://forum.meego.com