Helping out in the forums is a great way to contribute to MeeGo. We need help from both non-technical and technical users!
Specific Urgent Tasks
- Overall Community FAQ: We've started creating a MeeGo FAQ for the MeeGo community with answers to questions like how to file a bug, etc.
- Day 1 Handset FAQ: We still need a FAQ with common questions and issues in using the code from the Day 1 Handset Release. We can use the MeeGo 1.0 Netbook FAQ as a model.
General Non-Technical Tasks
- Answer General Questions: Help people find basic information about MeeGo and answers to frequently asked questions (MeeGo 1.0 Netbook FAQ).
- Contribute to the FAQ: People post answers to common problems in the forum. We always need help getting those suggestions moved over to a FAQ in the wiki.
- Help File Bugs: Many users are intimidated by filing bugs, and you can help some novice users by filing bugs.
- Answer Technical Questions: Help users work through and solve technical issues. In many cases, you can start by asking some pointed questions to make sure that the person submits enough information.
- Write FAQ Answers: Look for common issues in the forum and write your solution in the FAQ.
- Refine Bug Reports: When you see people filing bugs, see if you can reproduce it and add more details / logs to the bug reports.
You might also find this guide for Contributing to MeeGo helpful, and you can view our other tasks or attend our community office meetings to learn about other ways to help with MeeGo.