The Meego Online Build System (OBS) seems rather complicated, this page will attempt to make it nice and easy to get started.
It's a work in progress, feel free to add and modify!
- Install osc (for example,
apt-get install osc may work out-of-the-box on recent versions of Ubuntu & Debian, otherwise add a repository for your distro from openSUSE tools
Setting up your home project
Your home project is like a home directory in which you can create sub-projects, repositories, etc.
Setting up a sub-project
- In the overview tab, click on Actions and select "Create subproject".
Adding files to a sub-project and building them
From the terminal:
- Checkout your empty project (like SVN)
osc -A https://api.pub.meego.com co home:[username]
- Add files to your local copy
- For Meego this will be a .spec file and a tarball containing your source code, etc.
- For Harmattan this will be a .dsc file, source tarball plus debian.tar.gz (this allows one to keep the debian directory out of the source)
osc -A https://api.pub.meego.com add [filename]
osc -A https://api.pub.meego.com commit
- At this point the OBS will try to build your project remotely
- To build locally you can do the following: osc build
Using the webinterface:
- Add the correct files as listed above and they will be automatically built for you