IRC Chatter is a lightweight, touch-friendly IRC client aimed at MeeGo and Harmattan. IRC Chatter is based on Qt, QML, and its backend uses libcommuni, a Qt-based IRC client library.
IRC Chatter is free and open source software licensed under the terms of GPLv2+. (Some parts are licensed under LGPL.)
Here you can find some info about IRC Chatter.
At the right you can see the user interface of IRC Chatter. Click on the pic to make it larger.
(No, we do not own a Nokia N9, this is just screenshot put on an N9, made by Joppu.)
See you at #irc-chatter on Freenode!
- About the author: see my User page
- Co-author: Hiemanshu Sharma
- Author of the icon: Johannes Siipola (aka Joppu)
Hacking on IRC Chatter
- The usual 'qmake' and 'make' are enough to build it
- Use 'dpkg-buildpackage' to build the package for Harmattan
- You can add qmake flags to the package build via the QMAKEFLAGS environment variable
- Building pre-release versions or snapshots
- Please add DEFINES+=PRERELEASE to the qmake configuration
- This will cause it to display in the about box that it's an unstable build
- Use eg. 'QMAKEFLAGS=DEFINES+=PRERELEASE dpkg-buildpackage' to build the package for Harmattan
(Shortened URL for this part is http://bit.ly/getircchatter)
Bugs, feature requests
- Please use the Nemo bugzilla to report them
- File your bug under the "IRC client" category
The app is currently working on Harmattan and it's also the official IRC client of Nemo Mobile