The big picture:
Details on Roadmap items:
To help the discussion of the road map content, there is a separate overview of the potential feature scope for In-Vehicle Infotainment.
Feature list from Bugzilla
Feature suggestions and planning is tracked in the MeeGo bugzilla system.
Submit new MeeGo IVI feature suggestions
New feature suggestions need design and development resources to be committed before they become "ACCEPTED".
Current status of features suggested or planned for MeeGo IVI
MeeGo 1.2 Target Features
The MeeGo 1.2 development milestones are:
- November 1, 2010 MeeGo 1.2 merge window open
- January 20, 2011 MeeGo 1.2 Feature freeze (Alpha finish, Beta start)
- March 20, 2011 MeeGo 1.2 Release Candidate start
- April 29, 2011 MeeGo 1.2 Release branch created
- May 19, 2011 MeeGo 1.2.0 Final Release
The new features planned for the MeeGo IVI 1.2 release are:
- Terminal Mode from Nokia Feature 8704
- Integration of EMGD graphics Feature 6863 Feature 8815
- Integration of TopCliff/Crown Bay drivers Feature 6862
- Integration of Crossville ML7213/OKI IVI IOH drivers Feature 12050
- Updating IVI Home screen with new layout for the task launch menus and porting from QT to QML.
- Updating sample apps (browser, contacts, video player, photo player, music player, settings) from MeeGo Touch Framework based (MTF) to QML based.