This topic provides an outline of requirements for a head unit. The requirements are derived from a real life development project for in-vehicle infotainment platform. This is still work in progress--the content will be added gradually.
Some of the requirements below will be fulfilled outside of the MeeGo IVI based software. For example, the implementation of CAN network interface and early audio functions most probably falls into this category. The decisions about implementation of specific requirements in MeeGo IVI software will be made assuming a specific system architecture.
- After power-on, the head unit displays a static splash screen within 200 ms.
- After power-on, the head unit displays an animated splash screen (pre-defined, fixed) within 200 ms and at the frame rate above 4 fps.
- After power-on, the head unit is able to play early audio (e.g. chimes and gongs--minimal set, best suited type, simple) within max. 1 s.
- After power-on, the head unit plays FM radio, resuming the last station before shut-down, within max. 2 s.
- After power-on, the head unit plays compressed audio from a connected media device (e.g. MP3 from USB stick), resuming the last track played before shut-down, within max. 2 s.
- After power-on, the head unit displays the rear view camera output within max. 2 s.
- After power-on, the head unit accepts first user input (e.g. HMI menu, screen, volume control) within max. 2 s.
- After power-on, the head unit displays the Navigation map and starts the route guidance, resuming the previous route, within max. 5 s.
- up to 4 audio zones
- audio enhancements
- any source to 4 sinks
- chimes and gongs
- calibration to interior
- vehicle speed dependent
- volume level through shutdown cycle
- access point
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation / Noise Reduction (AEC / NR)
- single and dual microphone
- internet radio
- applications (e.g. google maps)
- social networks
- internal phone book
- user profiles
- camera input processing
- electronic horizon
- number of player instances
- 2D/3D representation
Telematics and Data Services
Radio and Video Broadcast Tuner
- time shift
- frame rates
- user privacy
- data storage security
- data access authorization
- nomadic device