(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 15:46, 12 January 2011
Java is not part of MeeGo in version 1.1 or lower. This page describes how to install Java on MeeGo Netbboks.
- Download latest Java version from java.com:
- You wil get a file like: jre-<version>-linux-x86-rpm.bin
- Make the downloaded file executable:
chmod +x <downloaded .bin file>
- execute the .bin file as root:
./<downloaded .bin file>
- You will see some information about the state of the installation and finaly a "Done."
Now the Java Runtime Environment is installed on your device.
- Bring Java into official or Community repository