LibreOffice is not part of MeeGo in version 1.1 or lower. This page describes how to install LibreOffice on MeeGo Netbooks or Tablet.
- Make sure Java is installed on your Netbook.
- Download latest FreOffice version from http://www.libreoffice.org/download to the download folder in your home directory (In this article it's ~/Downloads ). Make sure you are choosing the x86 Linux version.
- Switch to the Downloads directory:
- Extract the file using this command:
tar xfvz <downloaded file>.tar.gz
- Make the downloaded file executable:
chmod +x <downloaded file>.tar.gz
- Install the application and then install the :
sudo rpm -i ./<downloaded file directory>/RPMS/*.rpm
sudo rpm -i ./<downloaded file directory>/RPMS/desktop-integration/<libreoffice-version-freedesktop-menus>.rpm
Now you can start the office application in Applications -> Office for netbook.
- Need instructions for installing on tablet to display icon (icon doesn't get installed on tablet you can start it from the command line).
- Bring the .rpms into an official or Community repository