MNFI Online Meeting
Add items to be discussed (as the last item on agenda), do the ground work
eg write something about it to wiki and be prepared to present the issue too.
Issues given 24 hours before meeting are postponed to next meeting.
- Date: 2010 Dec 20th Mon
- Time: 8pm EET
- Place: #meego-meeting (web-browser Ajax-IRC)
- Chair: Jarkko Moilanen (kyb3R)
- Assist: ? volunteer here
Check options from here
Local Meego Networks
- At this moment community includes 2/3 Local Meego Networks in Finland:
- We wish that Oulu (27 members, 1 meetup) would join us as well as other yet unborn Networks too.
- Two Networks (Turku and Jyväskylä) are still in candidate status. We should encourage and support them in any way we can.
- building the skeleton for the portal has begun 5th Dec and we are waiting for the graphics (such as logo, refined overall layout, icons, etc.)
- http://summit.meegonetwork.fi/ will be the main page for the MeeGo Summit FI 2011.
- http://meegonetwork.fi/ will be the main page for the community portal, which will include such services and sections as:
- login with 3rd party credentials
- Blog aggregation and perhaps build-in blogging feature.
- Event calendar (includes local meego network RSVPs)
- Communication (information about our communication tools)
- Separate section for annual Regional Summits
- Material bank/Media (material used/presented in local network meetings, etc.)
- Discussion Forum
- Basic information about local Networks in Finland
- Press (section for Press related items such as logos and announcements)
Note that all of the above features will not be ready in the first release the beginning of next year. Currently one person (outside the community) is building/coding the portal. Community commitment/willingness to participate is more than needed. Used languages include PHP and platform is Drupal.
- For the graphics, two graphical designers has been assigned (again outside the community)
- Amount of active members (doing tasks) is about 7, out of which most are working with Summit related issues.
- Members need to engage to tasks, otherwise this 'thing' will never become true community. Understandably people have been cautious because this is still fresh and uncertainty has been over us atleast concerning the name, which has now been approved. Your efforts, no matter how small, are needed. Some teams are forming for the summit, but most of the teams will be active even after the Summit. See more MeeGo Summit FI 2011
- We have several social media tubes (FB, twitter, identi.ca) which are managed from ping.fm. Around 1-5 daily posts.
- common channel is: #meego-fi (~30 nicks)
- Summit channel is: #meego-fi-summit (used only during Summits)
3. MeeGo Summit FI status (Jarkko Moilanen aka kyb3R presenting)
Confirmed speakers (16th Dec):
Topics will be set later, in February - March.
4. Other issues