Virtual keyboard works in handset UX except in N900 where there is something blocks the touchscreen usage together with the virtual keyboard.
In order to get virtual keyboard on netbook UX, you need to do the following:
- enable 'handset' repository
- install 'meegotouch-inputmethodbridges' package, which should pull all other meegotouch input method dependencies
- Modify /etc/xdg/autostart/meego-im-uiserver.desktop to be look like this:
Exec=/usr/bin/meego-im-uiserver -target slate -bypass-wm-hint
- Relogin (or reboot) to desktop
Any time you activate text entry, virtual keyboard will popup with special known features:
- A swipe gesture on the keyboard will change the language.
- ENTER key is under space (shift-space)
- ENTER doesn't work in Chromium url bar (but it works on web pages)
- text entry doesn't relocate when virtual keyboard is up, so you need to manually scroll the application
- Swipe down on the keyboard closes it